Verizon VZ Navigator for geocaching

sjn951

You may want to look at the Treo 755p for Verizon. Combine that with Garmin Mobile XT (a real gps not triangulation) and it works great. Cachemate to look at the info for each cache.

Not sure how you know that it works great since verizon locks out their gps on all their phones. So you are forced to use their navigation stuff.

If your phone has built-in GPS, your wireless carrier may block usage of it. Check with your carrier regarding the availability of GPS for add-on mapping software. Click on the specs tab for more information on compatible phones for this product.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/verizon-gps-lockout-44210/

Anyone able to use Verizon's VZ Navigator for geocaching? I just ordered a Blackberry Curve from Verizon and was curious if it will work.

I bought the LG Dare about 2 weeks before I learned about geocaching. When I saw that I could get coordinates on my phone I thought I'd try caching with the phone. I have to convert the cache's location to DMS form for the VZ navigator to work but I've now logged several caches with this phone. It is a little challenging but functional. I'm sure I'll really love it when I buy a true GPS unit!!!