Searching for archived caches

I thought this had been asked before but I couldn't find anything.

Is it possible to search for archived caches?

How many archived physical caches are there in the UK?

There are thousands. If it's one you have already logged then look in your log history: http://www.geocaching.com/my/

You used to be able to find archived caches using GeocacheUK, but it's dead more than working these days, which is a shame. You may be able to google an archived cache or you may not, depends on how much of it you remember!

I thought this had been asked before but I couldn't find anything.

Is it possible to search for archived caches?

How many archived physical caches are there in the UK?

I believe somebody has or used to have a GSAK database of archived UK caches, but I can't remember who. Perhaps they'll be along in a bit...

Ive got one but its soon going to be out of date as i re jig my entire pq system.

You used to be able to find them from the geocaching maps but they removed the functionality.

TPTB have stated that they will re introduce this facility in the future to the google map system.

It is very usefull take these two caches for example both in the same spot both muggled mid summer.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...0e-7e07a7d679e1

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...35-c16fee4de3ca

Im sure a new cache will appear here eventually and the spot seems really good at first until it gets muggled.

I believe somebody has or used to have a GSAK database of archived UK caches, but I can't remember who. Perhaps they'll be along in a bit...

My GSAK database includes archived caches, providing that the cache was active in July 2004 which was when I started the database. There are currently about 5850 archived caches.

I'm happy to look anything up given a set of coords or nearby cache.

My GSAK database includes archived caches, providing that the cache was active in July 2004 which was when I started the database. There are currently about 5850 archived caches.

My GSAK database is showing 6981 archived caches and goes right back to 2000. I've just cleaned out any that have been un-archived so it's probably reasonably correct.

Like Alan said, I'm happy to pass on any info... given reasonable search criteria.