Storage and Display

Celtic Cache Trio

We have been back and forth trying to decide what to do to display and and store our collection. We really the Foam cutouts but in terms of cost and effort we didn't go this way. We decided to go with the cardboard flips in the pages in a binder. It is cost effective for us and still looks relativly nice. We picked up a bunch of flips and some pages and did our 1.5" coins but now we can't find anything for the bigger coins. The 1.5" is the biggest we can find. What are others doing? We have money and time invested in this so switching up now so I am looking for suggestions that will allow us to continue this method. Pictures and web links will help. Thanks guys.

Depends on your OD of the cardboard flip. They come in lots of standards size, and the biggest standard OD is 2.5". It's called a Crown clip, and the mylar window is 1.75" diameter. They used to have a 2" mylar window option, but that has since been discontinued. Doing a simple google search for "cardboard coin holder" will allow you to find lots of vendors that have them.

TMA

Most vendours I've contacted say the larger cardboard flips (2.5x2.5 w/ 2" window) are no longer being produced. I've done several searches for them and have come up empty, except for a site that promises a lot but doesn't deliver (even their phone # is disconnected).

Most vendours I've contacted say the larger cardboard flips (2.5x2.5 w/ 2" window) are no longer being produced. I've done several searches for them and have come up empty, except for a site that promises a lot but doesn't deliver (even their phone # is disconnected).

Tell me about it :grin: They still accept paypal payments though :grin:

I have had good luck with this company. They ship very quickly and are relatively inexpensive. They are also where I got my book for my pathtags which I could use another! Over a year ago several of us searched everywhere for the ones with the 2" openings for the larger coins and couldn't find them.

JPS CORNER

2.5" Saflips will hold your larger coins. They are archival quality double pocket flips. You can get album sheets that will hold 12 coins in these flips per sheet. Google Saflips for a supplier or check with your local coin store if you have one nearby.

I looked at these, are they kind of what the coins come in? or is there something different about them?