New to geocaching

mefinder47

Hi,

If you don't get any help here on the forums, another option is to do a zip code search from your town and look over any active cache hiders there. You could email one of them and ask for help, or ask if they know of someone willing to help. Here are your closest caches: linky :rolleyes:

Hi! Anyone in or near Ely, NV willing or able to help me learn my new Garmin Lengend CX? I've read and re-read the book and still don't "get it". Granted, I'm old and a little ADDD. :grin::D:grin:

I don't know of any other cachers in Ely. Like Ambrosia mentioned, I'd check out other people that have placed caches in the area. Most cachers absolutely don't mind you shooting them an email with questions. I'd also keep an eye out for events in the general area. I know Ely is out there but keep a look out for maybe a weekend excursion to a SLC or even a St.George event. It's a great way to meet people and more about geocaching and most are more than willing to give a lending hand.

I have a Venture Cx. What do you need to know?

To input coords manually, press the click-stick until a waypoint window pops up. You'll be able to make changes to the waypoint name, coordinates, and comment/hint area.

1st, make sure the coordinate default settings are set to the datum, WGS 84; and the format, hddd mm.mmm . To change/view the settings: menu-menu-Setup-Units.

Or, use MapSource to download waypoints with a USB cable.