Found un-activated TB

14frets

Someone may have left it as a trade item (hope you traded fairly :rolleyes: ) and you'd need to activate it. Send an email to contact@geocaching.com with the tracking number and ask for the activation code. Put "TB Activation Code Needed" in the subject line. Unless the TB is still in the plastic bag with the activation code on it, then you already have it. First, make sure the numbers were right. 1-I O-0 S-5 B-8 etc.

Also, read previous logs to see if anyone mentioned leaving it.

I found a TB dog tag with nothing attached. Got home, went to log in the find, and discoverd that the TB was "not acivated." What should I do with the TB. Is there anyway I can track down the owner? Any help will be appreciated.

What would be the proper thing to do if you found an unactivated TB tag with a hitchhiker already attached? I have checked past logs but no one has mentioned dropping a TB. Even checked the profiles of the last five or six people that logged the cache that we found it in and all of them have other TB's that are 6-months old or older so they must know the drill. What should I do with the TB? Wait another week or two or more and hope the owner discovers their mistake? I guess this option would involve what I have already been doing, checking daily to see if it had been activated yet.