Fake tombstone grave

Hello all! First time poster, long time lurker! :angry:

I'm looking to make a tombstone cache, and I've been searching around for some ideas. Have any of you seen any well done ones?

We have an upscale resturant in our town that has a few wooden headstones that state "Here lies ..." and ends with something funny. I'd like to do the same, but trying to figure out where and how to incorporate the cache. The cache will be in a high muggle zone, so it needs to be very secure!

Thanks for your ideas!

Trek-Es

Hello all! First time poster, long time lurker! :angry:

I'm looking to make a tombstone cache, and I've been searching around for some ideas. Have any of you seen any well done ones?

We have an upscale resturant in our town that has a few wooden headstones that state "Here lies ..." and ends with something funny. I'd like to do the same, but trying to figure out where and how to incorporate the cache. The cache will be in a high muggle zone, so it needs to be very secure!

Thanks for your ideas!

Trek-Es

Check with your local reviewer before you invest a lot of time or money on this idea. Make sure it can be published.

I have thought about doing one like this by buying a defective tombstone and having a secret compartment made in it. i think it would be great except...

It would probably be very difficult to get PERMISSION to place it in a cemetery. (Perhaps if the hider PURCHASED the grave site upon which it was to be placed?)

If it were placed in a real cemetery, It would set a bad precedent for seekers (akin to the arguments over electrical box caches), who might be tempted to check out real tombstones to the detriment thereof.

If placed in the woods all by its lonesome, as Alabama said, it would be real cool.

If you own the restaurant you'd better check with the reviewer to make sure it is not considered commercial if in front of your biz. If it is a franchise be careful about how the corporate views it-all the Cracker Barrel caches come to mind. I've heard of a cache named Led Robster- you can guess where that one is.

As for the epitaph, the good one I remember: Here lies Lester More Four shots from a .44 no Les no More.

I'd stop by to find a cache by a restaurant but most likely after hours.

Off by itself somewhere?

With a rectangular pile of stones and all?

REAL COOL!

Here in AZ we have roadside memorials all over the place.

Someone created one, (down in Tuscon) with a small secret compartment and a log.

The hand painted plaque read:

In Loving Memory of Madge Ellen Garmin :)

There have been others.

Off by itself somewhere?

With a rectangular pile of stones and all?

REAL COOL!

Here in AZ we have roadside memorials all over the place.

Someone created one, (down in Tuscon) with a small secret compartment and a log.

The hand painted plaque read:

In Loving Memory of Madge Ellen Garmin :)

There have been others.

I have been considering doing one of those, but just haven't gotten a round tuit yet.

A cache made like a roadside memorial certainly wouldn't raise any suspicion, them darn things are ubiquitous!

Oh a bogus roadside memorial will gore somebody's ox, count on it. It'll be called disrespectful, or dangerous because it's by a road, or apparently on private property, or commercial because it's within a mile or so of a business, you get the idea.

:rolleyes:

hairball

Understood.

But these same complaints come up for EVERY cache idea. :D

YES! I have been thinking of my own tombstone. I think my own tombstone is going to be a geocache. How cool is that!! Talk about a cool meet and greet. If someone tries to muggle it I'll just scare them away. :):)

I've already informed next of kin that that is my desire.

But i want to be buried naked too.... oh well, i guess I'll never know. ;)