Magellan and National Geographic

I was nice to see one of Magellans product mangers had a vandor both at GWVI, and the both was shared

by Natioanl Geographic.

I did not see Garmin or Delorme, did they get lost on the way.

Do you mean Vendor Booth? Did they have any specials?

Yes it was a vendor both, I did not ask about any deals, it was more of an infromation both. As a rule most manufactures do not sell directly to the public, their dealers do not like it when they have to compete with a supplier.

I thought it was kind of strange with all the support Garmin and Delorme gets from the geocaching community that they would not have anyone there to represent their companies.

I was nice to see one of Magellans product mangers had a vandor both at GWVI, and the both was shared

by Natioanl Geographic.

Yes it was a vendor both, I did not ask about any deals, it was more of an infromation both. As a rule most manufactures do not sell directly to the public, their dealers do not like it when they have to compete with a supplier.

I thought it was kind of strange with all the support Garmin and Delorme gets from the geocaching community that they would not have anyone there to represent their companies.

First off, care to explain exactly what "GWVI" is? This thread loses almost all meaning without knowing the context. Secondly, if you want to bash non-maggi GPSr, it would also help your case if you used spell checker. Rants that look like they were written by my 6yo, just make me laugh at you.

Edited by scuba dude

Re the Magellan guy: He is the Product Manager-Outdoor GPS. I am looking at the business card he gave me. I liked seeing him there and talking with him. He was there all day, patiently answering questions and demonstrating. Very casual, no hard sell. It was also very nice that he donated one Triton 2000 for the auction, and two Triton 500s for other prizes. I do not believe that any other manufacturer donated any GPSrs. (However, I did see a yellow eTrex C on the auction table, not sure who donated this.)

Edited by EScout

by Natioanl Geographic.

First off, care to explain exactly what "GWVI" is? This thread loses almost all meaning without knowing the context. Secondly, if you want to bash non-maggi GPSr, it would also help your case if you used spell checker. Rants that look like they were written by my 6yo, just make me laugh at you.

You got a lot of learnin' to do. That wasn't even close to being a rant. It was however, a sarcastic inquiry. :)

With all the bashing Garmin users do to the Magellan crowd... well... anybody in the know didn't take that jab nearly as seriously as you did.

As for GWIV, that's been talked about for months. Where you (are you payin' attention?) I say where you been son? :ph34r:

by Natioanl Geographic.

Wow, I must have found the only P.M. that does not know what GW VI is. :ph34r:

If you want to see a rant, is I can give you one. But I am not ready to get kicked out the forums again. :)

I did not bash non Magellan users, what are your reading?

My point is that Garmin has made millions of dollars from the geocaching community, you would think they could afford to send a rep to the event, they do have a rep that covers Sacramento area.

IMO, not having a rep there does not show a lot of class. Now just to make it clear for anyone that may be challenged as far as reading comprehension, I am not bashing non magellan users.

Edited by JohnnyVegas
Where you (are you payin' attention?) I say where you been son? :ph34r:

foghorn-leghorn-thumb.jpg

That's so funny. I laughed at that one. I like the forum search button as much as a spell checker myself.

JohnnyVegas, good to meet you briefly at GW IV. I was somewhat surprised to see them there too, though I walked past as a happy Garmin user. From what I recall that was a first for a GW event. Call them trend-setters. In the past, Magellan has been very resistant to supply anything for any kind of prizes from my experience, except in the case of their own contests they have run on their site. I know that the GGA ignores them now since so many prize requests have been ignored over the years. Garmin has always sent t-shirts and caps and such. Magellan has never responded to any email or phone call. As briansnat notes, perhaps a shift away from them has caused them to recognize that it is a good user base to target.

Wow, I must have found the only P.M. that does not know what GW VI is. :D

If you want to see a rant, is I can give you one. But I am not ready to get kicked out the forums again. :anibad:

I did not bash non Magellan users, what are your reading?

My point is that Garmin has made millions of dollars from the geocaching community, you would think they could afford to send a rep to the event, they do have a rep that covers Sacramento area.

IMO, not having a rep there does not show a lot of class. Now just to make it clear for anyone that may be challenged as far as reading comprehension, I am not bashing non magellan users.

Sorry for the post. I must have been having a bad hour, or day or something when I wrote that. I do know what GeoWoodstock is, just never saw it written as GWVI. I don't usually have a lot of time to read many threads.

So again, apologies for the attack.