looking for garmin colarodo 400t at walmarts

I got mine from an ebay vendor with a good reputation. I paid just a few

dollars over $500 with bike mount included. While I was waiting for the

unit, I did the research that I should have done before buying. I was

terrified that the vendor simply got a good deal on some of the older

units with battery probs, etc. It turned out that the serial was recent

(18Z015458) and the unit does not exhibit any of the hardware problems

that I've seen outlined on the net. While I'm happy with the unit over all, I share

the point of view of so many that feel that the firmware has shortcomings.

I look forward to seeing at least the most obvious snags being solved in

future firmware updates.

If anyone is interested, the ebay vendor was 'fantasysailing', and

the auction will be available to view for a while at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=007

Shipping was quick too, eight days from auction win to unit in hand.

Tobiah

I just ordered mine from ebay as well. $ 469 with shipping. It hasn't arrived but I'm looking forward to it getting here. I went ahead and bought it even with all of the negative reviews. I'm hoping Garmin will have everything fixed with firmware soon. The Wal-mart website shows the 400t on it. I think it was around $480. Good luck! :D

I bought my 400t from Walmart.com. It's free to have the unit shipped to the store, but it can take a long time (11 days in my case!). Also, be aware that while their list price is often cheaper than most other retailers, you do have to pay sales tax. If you can find an online retailer that doesn't charge tax in your state, you might be able to get it for cheaper overall.

Before anyone decides to buy from Preferredphoto read the reviews online, do a google search. They are a bait and switch company. Here are some reviews from Shopzilla.

Reviews

Sorry to post back to back, but I'll second this. Generally, any time you see an electronics company based out of the lower end of Brooklyn (this one's listed on 89th street), stay away! There is a ring of scammers in that area who open up online "camera stores" with unbelievable prices and too-good-to-be-true deals. Most of their stock is grey market goods, overstock items, seconds, or refurbished units packaged as new. When their ratings get bad enough, they simply close up shop and start up a new business down the street under a new name.

My brother, who works in media production, once made the mistake of ordering some professional video equipment from a similar company (which, by the way, also happened to be based near 89th Street). He got the same "bait and switch" spiel and tried to turn it down, but had made the mistake of giving the company his debit card credentials. Thankfully he acted quick and contacted his bank, because the same person tried numerous times over the next few days to withdraw thousands of dollars more than the price of the camera he was trying to buy. It took two police reports and numerous calls to the bank to straighten out, and he had to close the account.

I once saw a website where somebody drove to the addresses listed on websites like that one (edit: found it! Google for "brooklyn camera scam" to find more information then you ever wanted to know). Most of them were little more than a rollup door with a mail slot, in a shady part of town. Some of them were simply mailbox services.

kiddo431443, I'm interested to know how your ordering experience goes... have you received the unit yet?

Edited by DavidMac

Before anyone decides to buy from Preferredphoto read the reviews online, do a google search. They are a bait and switch company. Here are some reviews from Shopzilla.

Reviews

Sorry to post back to back, but I'll second this. Generally, any time you see an electronics company based out of the lower end of Brooklyn (this one's listed on 89th street), stay away! There is a ring of scammers in that area who open up online "camera stores" with unbelievable prices and too-good-to-be-true deals. Most of their stock is grey market goods, overstock items, seconds, or refurbished units packaged as new. When their ratings get bad enough, they simply close up shop and start up a new business down the street under a new name.

My brother, who works in media production, once made the mistake of ordering some professional video equipment from a similar company (which, by the way, also happened to be based near 89th Street). He got the same "bait and switch" spiel and tried to turn it down, but had made the mistake of giving the company his debit card credentials. Thankfully he acted quick and contacted his bank, because the same person tried numerous times over the next few days to withdraw thousands of dollars more than the price of the camera he was trying to buy. It took two police reports and numerous calls to the bank to straighten out, and he had to close the account.

I once saw a website where somebody drove to the addresses listed on websites like that one (edit: found it! Google for "brooklyn camera scam" to find more information then you ever wanted to know). Most of them were little more than a rollup door with a mail slot, in a shady part of town. Some of them were simply mailbox services.

kiddo431443, I'm interested to know how your ordering experience goes... have you received the unit yet?

I have seen more than enough than to make the confirmation phone call. How do I get my debit card info erased?