Where do I go to create a "gallery"?

Bug'sMom

Howdy!

I noticed some people have "galleries" in their profiles, but I seem incapable of finding the spot where I can upload photos to a gallery. I get the feeling it's right in front of me, but I'm just NOT seeing it! Can someone please point me in the right direction? MUCH THANKS! :laughing:

edited to add: I should say I can see "Gallery" as a choice when I click my own user name, but of course it says "no images". I need to know where to go to upload. Thanks!

Edited by Bug'sMom

Your gallery is made up of photos that you post on cache pages and TB/Coin pages. They are automatically added to your gallery from there.

OMGosh, THANK YOU! Ha! I don't know when I would have noticed that.

K, so one other question then--is there some rule about how specific your photos can be without being spoilers? Or is the responsibility on the people who decide to LOOK at the photos to not spoil it for themselves? I have a picture of my daughter at our first find (see avatar at left) yesterday, but if I post it on the actual cache log, it's practically a dead giveaway to the location of the cache.

Thanks for putting up with a newb!

ETA 5/12: I removed the one picture I was using as an Avatar because I didn't realize it was going to update my log entry on the first find cache (duh--what was I thinking?). It was only up for about 10 hours, so phew. thx for the help y'all!

Edited by Bug'sMom

Your gallery is made up of photos that you post on cache pages and TB/Coin pages. They are automatically added to your gallery from there.

OMGosh, THANK YOU! Ha! I don't know when I would have noticed that.

K, so one other question then--is there some rule about how specific your photos can be without being spoilers? Or is the responsibility on the people who decide to LOOK at the photos to not spoil it for themselves? I have a picture of my daughter at our first find (see avatar at left) yesterday, but if I post it on the actual cache log, it's practically a dead giveaway to the location of the cache.

Thanks for putting up with a newb!

If I was to read the cache page and see your photo would I go - spoiler!

Remember unless its really obvious I don't know where the cache is until I find it.

The higher the difficulty the more I would say no, low difficulty I would be more likely to post it, but make sure I didn't say that it was taken at gz.

If the owner wants the cache to be a surprise then no. If they say what it is then no issue with showing the photo. I have taken photos of my son retrieving the cache now those I won't list.

I would guess it comes down to common sense on what to post or not. We like to take pictures of our adventures. But I never take pictures of the cache itself or the immediate area that the cache was hidden in. I don't want to give away any hints about the cache. That's the owners job if he so chooses. Instead we will choose a cool spot or pose away from the cache, usually somewhere along the route in to it. Especially if there is something cool to look at.

Thanks everyone--I appreciate the feedback/guidelines. I just wasn't sure about posting in the logs, because (at least the way I view them) you have to make a choice to click on the links to the photos, so they don't show a spoiler by default. I thought maybe if you make a choice to click the link, it's like acknowledging it's potentially a spoiler, but thinking about that from the cache owner's perspective is an even better way. I wouldn't want someone giving up my cache's location either.

I think I'll start a personal album outside this site for my "spoiler-y" stuff for family/friends, and just limit my photos here to more generic shots.

On a sidenote, though I've only been here a couple days, I am so thoroughly impressed with this online community--especially compared to other hobbies of mine. This group of people seem to be very knowledgeable and more importantly WILLING to share that knowledge in a friendly manner.

I can't wait to get to "know" people better and really grab hold of this adventure.

Thanks again!