Unsubscribed from Paypal Renewal

Hey all! I'm just wondering if anyone else has received a message from Paypal about their subscription renewal. When I signed up as a premium member, I selected to automatically renew each year via Paypal. I'm not up for renewal until next month, but today I got an email stating that my automatic renewal through Paypal was cancelled. I didn't cancel it. Has anyone else gotten this email, or is it some fluke think with my account???

I got the same email.

Don't ever click on links in email unless a friend you know sent you something. Even then, be very suspicious.

I don't ever click on them! However, I did log into my paypal account just to check, and it is showing that it was cancelled. Did you check yours???

Where on Paypal do you see your automatic renewals? I logged into my Paypal account and can't find this anywhere.

It won't show your automatic renewals. This showed up under account activity with the type listed as subscription cancellation.

I don't know what is going on. I'm wondering if maybe Groundspeak will no longer be offering this service and just cancelled everyones? I've sent Groundspeak and paypal an email to try to find out how this was cancelled since I didn't cancel it. I was thinking maybe others had theirs cancelled and they might know more about it than I do at this point.

Subscriptions through PayPal require a current credit card on record in order for the subscription to remain active. As a result, if you make changes to your PayPal account or your credit card registered with them expires, PayPal automatically sends us a cancellation notice.

Fortunately, even if your membership has expired through PayPal, you can renew it without losing your membership status. Also, your membership will continue to remain active until the expiration date of your membership here at Geocaching.com. You'll receive an email from us within 30 days of your expiration date so you can renew then.