CN NT NA 2009 Download

As was mentioned in another thread the CN NA NT 2009 is available for download. The 2GB file size shouldn’t be a problem with any type of broad band access. What did bother me as a customer was that when I first went to myGarmin is that it said that the update was only available for 30 days after that time I could purchase the update.

I was surprised that Garmins policy is to offer a update for free to a select set of users that expires if they don’t take advantage of it quickly. I didn’t receive an email alerting me that the update was available I just happened to check. What about the poor user who doesn’t check the myGarmin page or follow these boards? Doesn’t seem like a very customer friendly position.

On another note I love my 400T. This is my first GPS so I had no preconceived ideas of how it should operate. Like with all high tech devices I wish it had a longer battery life.

Hmmm, good point... Odd that they would have released an updater prior to a full version. Makes me wonder if they are still shipping 2008 or if they haven't updated their website yet but shipping 2009.

I'm stumped.

I do know their site isn't updated regularly based on 2 findings prior to this, now possibly a 3rd.

Edited by XopherN71

Yeah same here! This is my favorite way to waste time at work! I can't say that I have had the pleasure of jammin' out to the Garmin tunes.

You know that 600 dollar stimulus government money is burning a hole in my pocket. I need to buy a city navigator map to do my part in stimulating the economy!

Edited by DruNuts

Ok

If you order full version from Garmin:

It WILL be 2009 that gets shipped to you.

If you are updating:

Purchases after March 1st, 2008 will get a free upgrade (City Nav NT 2008 or a device with City Nav NT 2008).

Hope that helps.

Edited by XopherN71

... Is there an upgrade to the regular version to 9 yet? From what I have read it doesn't sound like it.

There will be. Since majority of recent year GPS are NT friendly, NT distribution logistics gets higher priority.

The regular one will be available in a week or two (according to what Garmin says since 2 or 3 weeks ago). Apply that time frame to whatever planet you see it fit to :) .

Ok

If you order full version from Garmin:

It WILL be 2009 that gets shipped to you.

If you are updating:

Purchases after March 1st, 2008 will get a free upgrade (City Nav NT 2008 or a device with City Nav NT 2008).

Hope that helps.

I will have to call them. I of course bought and registered CN NT 2008 on February 29, 2008. dadgum Leap Year. :) I will have to see if I can get a day granfathered in. I will let you know. Now off to the Garmin Muzak phone line.

Actually they picked up on the second ring so I don't know their music choices. Well I am screwed. The tech stated that the computer gives out the code and since mine states that it was unlocked on February 29th I am out of luck. He did state that the update is cheaper at Amazon. I guess I will wait till 2010 and get that map. Or I should just return the Maps and Colorado to REI and get new stuff :) J/K. I just like free stuff, I will not loose any sleep over this.

Actually they picked up on the second ring so I don't know their music choices. Well I am screwed. The tech stated that the computer gives out the code and since mine states that it was unlocked on February 29th I am out of luck. He did state that the update is cheaper at Amazon. I guess I will wait till 2010 and get that map. Or I should just return the Maps and Colorado to REI and get new stuff :) J/K. I just like free stuff, I will not loose any sleep over this.

Dude, you gotta try harder! Call back and kick it up a level or two. "C'mon, dudes, any other year and the day after 2/28 would have been fine." Plus, had you known about the free upgrade, wouldn't you have waited a day? THEY OWE YOU! :)

I purchased my 2008 NA NT on March 4th but when I log in I don't get any indication of a free upgrade. Did you guys have to call to get the free upgrade or did you see the free upgrade on the mygarmin page?

GO$Rs

Mine was available on Mygarmin under my unit I think,.

I bought a Nuvi 250 on April 17, 2008 but didn't register it. I went to Garmin's map update page yesterday, May 2, and entered the serial number. It said I may be eligible for a free update but had to install the communication plug-in and register the unit to find out. After I did this, I was only given the choice to pay for the download or purchase the DVD.

I called Garmin tech support. I was told that I should have been given the option to update for free but they were using a new system and were having some problems with it. The service rep. confirmed my mailing address and said he would send out a free update DVD with the unlock code.