Travel Bug Keepers?

C&CHunting

I have a travel bug that has been in a cacher's hands for 7 months. I have sent 2 emails to them, without any reply, asking them to kindly release me travel bug back into the wild.

What can I do? They are caching but they only 'collect' travel bugs...or something. I don't want them to toss mine in the trash, but they are not being good cachers.

How do you encourage a cacher to mover your tavel bug along?

I am starting to get pissed and worried.

:)

I have a travel bug that has been in a cacher's hands for 7 months. I have sent 2 emails to them, without any reply, asking them to kindly release me travel bug back into the wild.

What can I do? They are caching but they only 'collect' travel bugs...or something. I don't want them to toss mine in the trash, but they are not being good cachers.

How do you encourage a cacher to mover your tavel bug along?

I am starting to get pissed and worried.

:)

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you can do at this point. Maybe TPTB can check into it if they are indeed grabbing TBs and not releasing them. But other than sending them a polite email or two (which it sounds like you've already done) that's about it. Sorry. I know it's upsetting.

I've released 4 bugs and 6 coins now and only 1 has gone missing (at the moment). I think having more out there makes it a bit easier to deal with the occasional one that gets snatched. At least a little bit.

The other thing is to not give up hope completely. I've read stories where people have had their TBs turn up again after months - even over a year. Maybe this person will grow a conscience....

Yep, you've done your best so give it some more time.

I know it's frustrating. I have one that has only moved once since March of 2006. Held for a year and when finally released it was nabbed by the very next cacher. I finally got a response from that person last month saying she had given it to her brother and would check with him.

Of course here I sit, still waiting.

I was looking through your list of TB. You know once a bug has been missing for well over a year or has been confirmed lost (destroyed cache, etc) you can re-release the bug with the copy tag. You might want to get some of those back out there.

The people that have your bug aren't prolific cachers. If you look at their profile, they've found 68 caches since 2001. This means they don't get out there often, but they have visited the site recently, so maybe they are planning a trip soon. Never give up, always be nice with your emails, and don't email too often. Many times Travel Bugs have re-appeared after long absences. And, it's been 6 months, because May just started, so it's not as bad as it feels. :)

I'd suggest stalking them through facebook, myspace, or one of the other social or professional networks!

:anibad:

I'll have to say no to that. We do not encourage stalking. Sending out TBs into the wild is a risk we take, knowingly. Do not start stalking or encouraging people to stalk others, it's just wrong.

People get sick, hurt, divorced, fired, laid off, die, or just plain stop caching. We do not need to stalk them, seriously. No, don't do it. All you ahve to do is click on someone's profile, and you know when they last checked in to the website, that's all you need to do to see if they've been active.

I can't believe I even have to tell people that stalking is a bad idea.

well, I read the tone of that as joking. But nonetheless, NO STALKING! :unsure:

I just want to say that I do not use my primary email address for any websites, only for personal email. So you have to take into account that some people sign up under a throw away email address. Yahoo, gmail, msn, ect.

Sorry your bug is missing.

My daughter's racing bug was taken from the starting gate by a man who went to Iraq the next week. Several months later his father randomly checked his email, told me he'd go get it, then took another 2 months to get it from his son's house. Nothing I could do but complain. hmmph.

I hope you get your bug back

Kohlthemule.

But it worked for me.... I found the person with the missing TB and he apologized for misplacing it and offered to pay for it.... :)

The one thing to remember is that most of the people on gc.com are way too old to have a social networking page. :)

Now if I could only find Crawford.... *sigh*

Edited by powercatjeffy