should our hidden caches count towards our number

Team sixgun

I know I'll catch flak for this but, GC allows you to log your own caches as a find, is this allowed, after all it is more work to hide a cache than it is to find one, so many people care about having the highest number of finds, that maby giving them credit toward that number for hiding a cache would encourage more people to hide them and we would have more caches to find, I know some people would abuse this and hide crapy caches but some may get into hidding them more, well I love hidding mine I think I may actually prefer it. I just want your opinion not an argument. (by the way as I said above you can already do this).

The general consensus is to not count your hides as finds. That's why there is a separate counter for hides and one for finds. One exception is when you adopt a cache. Another exception is when you hide a cache collectively with a group of cachers. Only one of you can submit the cache for publication; so the others will claim a find as "beta testers", and rule themselves out of the FTF hunt. This practice is also not without some controversy, but that's how it's played in my neck of the woods.

Groundspeak does not get involved on how we "play the game". The rules/guidelines they set are to respect property and make geocaching a fun family-oriented experience. If you find it fun to count your finds as hides, Groundspeak will not get in the way; however, your fellow cachers might say some things.

I would say the cache already does count for your stats

There are 2 stats on the image, after all: found and hidden. Hidden x is a stat. If you hide enough in an area, then local cachers may start calling it your territory (I cache in G&S' territory, with about 16% of my finds from them).