Importing LOC files into Garmin MapSource

Is it possible to properly importing LOC files into Garmin MapSource? I have tried and every time the co-ordinates for me new waypoint are incorrect. I have to manually enter them. I checked the help files for MapSource and found out the program can save information into a GPX file. Not sure if it supports that format when loading data though.

Once I have all my waypoints entered, I then transfer this data to my GPS. It is a Garmin eTrex Legend.

Any advice would be great. Thanks for the help.

If I OPEN the LOC file with mapsource I can only deal with one file at a time since opening another LOC files closes the previous one. Mapsource lets me add a new waypoint (via the EDIT menu). This way I can add as many waypoints as I want. This is the method I was using. This is the method that was causing discrepancies in the co-ordinates.

Okay. Seems that when I ADD a new waypoint the program does not use the co-ordinates from the LOC file. Instead mapsource adds the waypoint where I last clicked on the screen.

Bummer.

I guess I'll stick to manually entering the co-ordinates. :)

Thanks for the help. Can't wait to go out again.

Open each LOC file in a separate Mapsource window. Copy and paste the waypoint from one to the other.

If you have a lot to do, then there are programs that will open multiple files at once, like g7towin and then save as a single GDB file for viewing in Mapsource.

You can use EasyGPS to get all the .loc files from each Search page and open that .loc file in Mapsource. Then, you can download another page of .loc files and open those in a new instance of Mapsource. Copy and Paste from one to the other to combine all the Waypoints.

However, since that is so much work, you could just pay $3.00 for one month of membership to GC.com to check out Pocket Queries. With those, you get 500 caches in each. Using GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife), you can combine PQs, filter them for the area where you are going to go, and send 1000 waypoints to your GPSr in a few seconds. :)