Bad Garmin legend HCx Chipset update

Styk

I know the GPS software can be undone but can the chipset upgrade be undone? If so, how?

Sorry. I can't help you, but I have a question. Where did you find out that the update is bad?
Don't worry, it's not.
I was thinking of possibly buying this model and I would like to research this further.

It's a great unit, better than anything else in its class. Go ahead and get it.

hmmm, before upgrade, rock solid pointer to cache location, afterwards, erratic pointer as i near the cache site, back to the days of the drunken bee dance. However my question was " Is it possible to downgrade the chipset upgrade" I can always re-upgrade if downgrading does not return the unit to it previous glory.

hmmm, before upgrade, rock solid pointer to cache location, afterwards, erratic pointer as i near the cache site, back to the days of the drunken bee dance. However my question was " Is it possible to downgrade the chipset upgrade" I can always re-upgrade if downgrading does not return the unit to it previous glory.

Thread here.

I don't think you can downgrade, so we need to push for a 2.70

It's a great unit, better than anything else in its class. Go ahead and get it.

I think the extra $20 for the Vista HCx is worth it just for the better finish, never mind the fluxgate compass and amusing to use baro altimeter. Although I'm sure the Legend is made of the same material the finish looks like what it is, plastic, when you open the back the grey/blue plastic, without its texture, looks even worse. I was not too impressed with the mock silver grey finish of the Vista at first but compared to the Legend it looks much less plasticy. As I said I do not think there is any quality difference, it's just a perception.

Edited by gallet
I think the extra $20 for the Vista HCx is worth it just for the better finish, never mind the fluxgate compass and amusing to use baro altimeter. Although I'm sure the Legend is made of the same material the finish looks like what it is, plastic, when you open the back the grey/blue plastic, without its texture, looks even worse. I was not too impressed with the mock silver grey finish of the Vista at first but compared to the Legend it looks much less plasticy. As I said I do not think there is any quality difference, it's just a perception.

I am going to check it out at Summit Hut today and we'll see. I am honestly not that concerned with the plasticly look. I am more concerned with features and accuracy. I am already going over budget, so chances are, I will use the $20-$30 bucks for accessories rather than a nicer finish and the two additional features I don't need. Thanks for the info though. I will definitely compare them.

lI have had the same problem in the past. I do not use the updater. I get and save the version of the update and make a note when I installed it. I updated in Jan and never used it until last week. I was very off on accuracy. I noted the new version that I had installed and tried a reset. Then I did a re-install of the earlier version and it was right on. I have a legend c and a legend cx. The cx was giving me problems. They are right on together. Just install the previous saved version of the update. Hope this helps. PS updater has only the current version on hand.