Who makes a Topo software for the computer that you can use with a GPS and track real time?

RDLSTVD

I have several Topo map software programs to use on my computer but none of them seem to let you plug in a GPS and let you track on your computer. For instance Microsoft makes their yearly Streets and Trips mapping program that lets me plug in a USB GPS antenna and track real time on my laptop.

I want a Topo software program that will allow me to connect either my USB GPS, my Garmin Vista HCx, or my Garmin 200W to track real time on my computer. Anyone know of a good Topo program to do this?

Try Garmin's MapSource. I use it and it works great. You can also down load nroute from Garmin to use with MapSource.

Only nRoute does this. Mapsource foes not do real time tracking.

There are many other programs as well such as Oziexplorer and Fugawi and dozens of others.

Try Garmin's MapSource. I use it and it works great. You can also down load nroute from Garmin to use with MapSource.

MY mistake. You need MapSource and nroute to have realtime navigation on a topo map.

How funny, I already own the Topo U.S. 2008 Mapsource disc. I downloaded the nRoute and it worked like a charm, exactly what I was looking for. I just never knew nRoute existed. Thanks guys!!!

I haven't tried to track with it, but USAPhotoMaps will show the current gps position so I assume that it will also track. The software is shareware and free from jdmcox.com. Try it, if you like it, please send the guy a donation. I don't know him and have no affiliation with his product, other than the fact that I'm a satisfied user.