The 528 feet rule...

Parking coords are OK. The rule applies to PHYSICAL stage(s) of caches.

Not sure it applies VERY strictly though...

I know of 3 caches on one hill that are deffo not 528ft apart, and 3 caches on another that aren't too.

Then, in a small park in Wirral, there are 2 caches that are 470 ft apart - I've been and measured it!!

:laughing::laughing:

If the published co-ords for another cache are within 0.1 miles, then the reviewers' proximity tool will flag it up as being too close. I believe that the proximity 'rule' is one of the guidelines which is more flexible than some of the others, depending on the specific circumstances.

I'd suggest that you explain the situation to your friendly neighbourhood reviewer, who will be able to consider it and advise you about the flexibility of it in your particular case.

I wouldn't be suprised if one is along shortly to advise here...

The final of one of my multis was only about 20 metres from another, later, micro - but the multi was approved before the "additional waypoints" bit came in, so there was no way for the reviewer to know where my final was. Makes for some funny logs when people have done the micro, then a few weeks later finished the multi (which starts about 3 miles away)...!!

Reviewers can be nice to you too when caches are far closer than 528 feet apart (as the crow flies) but there is a substantial obstacle (like a canal) in the way.....

When reviewing we check that PHYSICAL stages of your new cache are more than the 528ft guideline away from PHYSICAL stages of other caches. Sometimes there's leeway and if in doubt contact your local reviewer.

Although we have some useful tools for checking such locations they are not foolproof, especially where old multi/puzzle caches don't have Additional Waypoints, so there are bound to be occasional irregularities.

The final of one of my multis was only about 20 metres from another, later, micro - but the multi was approved before the "additional waypoints" bit came in, so there was no way for the reviewer to know where my final was. Makes for some funny logs when people have done the micro, then a few weeks later finished the multi (which starts about 3 miles away)...!!

Reviewers can be nice to you too when caches are far closer than 528 feet apart (as the crow flies) but there is a substantial obstacle (like a canal) in the way.....

I have to add - there have never been any bad logs about the proximity issue.......and the area was never in any danger of being "cache-saturated" until recently (sorry folks) :ph34r::huh:

I have to add - there have never been any bad logs about the proximity issue.......and the area was never in any danger of being "cache-saturated" until recently (sorry folks) :rolleyes:;)

Feel free to add the Additional Waypoints now and help your friendly reviewers ;)

People may have got away with close caches by adding a co-ord over 528 away when it wasnt, and changing to co-ords to the correct place which is under 528.

Reviewers get notified of coordinate changes so it could be very embarrassing to get caught out trying to get away with something like this :mad: