Geocoin locations

terra~tracker

welcome!

on the geocaching.com homepage, look to the left column.

click on the link "Trackable Items"

now, under the red "Geocoins" banner, click on the "Geocoin Home" link (You might have to click it twice).

If you have your home coordinates listed in your profile, it should show you a map with a bunch of caches near your home that have (or are listed as having) geocoins.

If you click on any of the little icons in the google map, it should cause a description, with a link, for that coin to show up in the box to the right. click the link and you should be able to see what cache the coin is in.

good luck! B)B):D

And before you go out seeking those caches with coins in them you may wish to check the recent logs. Or click on the trackable listed on the cache page to see when it was placed there. So many cache pages incorrectly report trackables due to theft or due to people forgetting to log them it isn't even funny.

Good luck!

ps: the coins can become addicting. B)

another option is to go to geocaching.com home page, click on the link under the geocaching logo "Hide and seek a cache".

on the next page, under seek a cache, enter your zip code and click the "GO" button.

the next page should be a page with the results of the search, with the caches closest to the center of that zip code listed first. In the second column under "Icons" you'll see the icon for the cache type (traditional/multi/unknown/etc) and, a little dog-tag icon (tells you there's supposed to be a travel bug in the cache) or the icon for a coin (if there's a coin supposed to be in the cache).

I keep saying "supposed" to be, cuz frequently someone will have removed the bug or coin and never logged it out (probably thinking it's just swag rather than something to log and move to another cache)... I suppose there are some jerks out there that steal the coins/TBs, but to me that's just plain stupid, mean, and downright wrong.

I digress.

hope this helps B)

So if there are not caches on the google map, then there are none located in my area at that time, but those listed below on the geocoin page should be in my area?

the ones listed below the map are just a sampling of the latest coins logged on geocaching.com... if you click on them, you'll see they're all over the world.

is the map showing your town???

if not, then you probably don't have your home coordinates listed on your profile page.

couple more things since you guys are being so helpful. One, why does it say tadpole benieth my name ?

"tadpole" is the default cuz a tadpole is just an immature frog. when you mature, you figure out how to change that to something really descriptive, like "rocket scientist" or "peoplePlumber" B)B)

at the top of this forum, under the Groundspeak logo, is a blue bar with several links in it. To the right side is a link titled "Help". I'd recommend you click on that link as it will be MOST beneficial to you here in the forums. It'll tell you how to fix a bunch of settings.

If, on the geocaching.com home page, you click "My Account" then on that page, on the right, you'll see a bunch of links. click on the one "edit my profile" about half way down. that'll take you to the page where you can change a bunch of stuff... like your avatar or the "tadpole" title= Forum Title.

on the "My Account" page, you can update your home coords by clicking on the "update home coordinates" link on the right side of that page (bottom link under search options)

I think you're trying to bite off more than you can chew. So far with only 1 Find you need to learn your way around the Website just to find caches, never mind geocoins. Once you're comfortable with caches work your way to dealing with Trackables (travel bugs and geocoins).

Good luck.

Be aware also, that rushing out to a cache that shows a coin or coins in it may result in disappointment as it can take time before people log coins out of any given cache. Similarly, caches which show no coins in them can occasionally reward you with coins in them - for the same reason.

I would just go out and do caching and if there are coins in them, then that's great, if not it's still great as you found the cache :o

Good luck.