GPS Unit Model Help!

Hi everbody,

I'm new and just got a Vista HCX. I'm pretty happy with it but like the set up on the 60 csx better. I have a friend who will by my unit so I can upgrade to 60csx, should I do it.

Please help with these questions:

1) How do the chip sets of the different units compare?

2) Is the quad helix antennae give the 60csx an advantage?

3) The Hcx can hold a 2gb memory card can the 60 do the same?

4) Finally, Is the 60csx waas enabled?

Thanks for any and all help!

I look forward to being part of this forum and community

:anibad:

Here's a comparison from the Garmin website.

Key differences:

CSx costs more.

CSx has a bigger screen.

CSx weighs more.

HCX has longer battery life.

CSx can interface via serial or USB. HCx is USB only.

CSx comes with a 64MB SD card (Mine actually came with a 128MB card). HCx no SD card included.

CSx has tide tables. HCx no.

CSx also has larger/more buttons. HCx is joystick operated.

They are basically the same unit. I think it is more aesthetics than anything else.

I love my CSx. It's a great unit. I like the layout better than the HCx. But that is personal preference.

Good Luck with your decision!

<snip>

They are basically the same unit. I think it is more aesthetics than anything else.

I love my CSx. It's a great unit. I like the layout better than the HCx. But that is personal preference.

Good Luck with your decision!

Key differences:

• CSx costs more. B)
  • CSx has a bigger screen. B)

• CSx weighs more. :D
  • HCX has longer battery life. :D
  • CSx can interface via serial or USB. HCx is USB only. Moot point as my laptop only has USB
  • CSx comes with a 64MB SD card (Mine actually came with a 128MB card). HCx no SD card included. Moot point as most people buy larger cards anyway
  • CSx has tide tables. HCx no. Moot point as the Tide Tables can be downloaded from the Garmin Site

• CSx also has larger/more buttons. :D HCx is joystick operated. B)

As stated, "They are basically the same unit. I think it is more aesthetics than anything else."

I love my Vista HCx. It's a great unit. I like the layout better than the CSx. But that is personal preference. :D

Forgive me for my "editorializing" from the previous post to emphasize that it is personal preference. I have changed the screens on the Vista HCx to show just the ones I want to see, and the Data Fields I want on those screens. I really prefer the "click stick" and am surprised the OP didn't like the Vista HCx . . . B)