Geocaching Screensaver

I'm wondering if the OP actually meant "wallpaper" rather than "screensaver"? It's a commonly mis-used term, but "wallpaper" refers to the background image on a person's desktop (that image behind the icons when no programs are open). "Screensaver" refers to the series of images or animations that kick in after a period of inactivity. Assuming the OP meant wallpaper, my suggestion would be to create your own using Photoshop Elements, GIMPshop (an open-source alternative to Photoshop), or some other graphics development program. Grab some images (of your own caching experiences, from the web, etc, but watch that you adhere to copyright and logo usage guidelines), and create an image that matches your monitor's resolution (typically 1024x768 or 1200x1024).

Does anyone know of a website that might have geocache screensavers? It would be a great for people to walk by and ask "what the heck is that on your screen". I would love to spread the word about geocaching and this would be a good opportunity. I found wallpapers here on this site but no screensavers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nope I think he meant screen saver

I'm wondering if the OP actually meant "wallpaper" rather than "screensaver"? It's a commonly mis-used term, but "wallpaper" refers to the background image on a person's desktop (that image behind the icons when no programs are open). "Screensaver" refers to the series of images or animations that kick in after a period of inactivity. Assuming the OP meant wallpaper, my suggestion would be to create your own using Photoshop Elements, GIMPshop (an open-source alternative to Photoshop), or some other graphics development program. Grab some images (of your own caching experiences, from the web, etc, but watch that you adhere to copyright and logo usage guidelines), and create an image that matches your monitor's resolution (typically 1024x768 or 1200x1024).

Yes, I did mean screensaver, not wallpaper. I have downloaded a wallpaper that I found on geocaching.com to use on my desktop but wanted a screensaver as well.

Does anyone know of a website that might have geocache screensavers? It would be a great for people to walk by and ask "what the heck is that on your screen". I would love to spread the word about geocaching and this would be a good opportunity. I found wallpapers here on this site but no screensavers.

(It would help if I would read the entire post before replying - it was past my bedtime!) :)

(It would help if I would read the entire post before replying - it was past my bedtime!) :)

Don't feel too bad about it. I've spent the last 8 years trying to get people at work to understand the difference between wallpaper and screen savers. They just don't get it. Of course they seem to want to refer to the computer as the "hard drive" too and I have one user that, after 8 years, still can't grasp the concept of "save as". :)

Don't feel too bad about it. I've spent the last 8 years trying to get people at work to understand the difference between wallpaper and screen savers. They just don't get it. Of course they seem to want to refer to the computer as the "hard drive" too and I have one user that, after 8 years, still can't grasp the concept of "save as". :)

The other one you have to love is when they want to knnow how much memory you/they have left and they mean how much space left on the hard drive. :D

Edited by Mad&Lil'Dreamer

I put one together when I first started caching to go along with my Sig. item (folding geocube). It's really showing it's age now but did get a few interesting conversations started about geocaching ;)

Caching Cube Screensaver (780kb)

The saver shows the cube tumbling over the screen wiping from pic to pic - ones that were on the cube.

Oh, and the cube itself...

cube1.jpgcube2.jpg