Maybe my third Colorado will actually work?

2 down 1 more to go. First Colorado would shut off when the right soft key was hit, garmin said it was a bad unit try a replacement. I've had the new unit for 3 weeks, I have to hard reset it about every 4-6 hours of use, Garmin said it was a bad unit try a replacement. hmmmmmmmm maybe someday I'll find a Colorado that works..........

I hope it works out for you. After two bad units you are due a good one.

In my case it took four. The first three were all bad units. I've had the fourth for three or four weeks now and have done a good amount of caching and hiking with it. It has been a good unit and I am very happy with it.

wow...........that's almost funny.........what were your main problems?

Only a couple hours of battery life out of the first unit. I get 12 to 14 hours now on the same Rayovac Hybrid batteries with WASS and compass on.

Mega lock-ups on the second unit. I could not even use it after the second time out with it. I have only had two lock-ups on the current unit.

The compass would not stay calibrated on the third unit. I could calibrate it and in less than 5 minutes it would loose it and not know what direction to point me in. I could not even follow a track when that would happen. The map screen could not make up it's mind on which way I was supposed to go. Of course this happened the first time while on a night time hike in unfamiliar territory. I paid good money for this GPS and it was unacceptable to have a non-functioning compass. It had to go back.

Like I said, the fourth unit has worked very well minus just a couple of lock-ups on a cache description. Hopefully a firmware update will fix that as I know many others are seeing the same thing. Overall I am very happy with this unit.