Garmin Vista Hcx chip set issue?

After using the original Garmin Vista for a few years for hiking and geocaching, I'm looking to buy the newest Vista, which I think is the Hcx.

Looking for the best price I came along a confusing review on the www.newegg site.

A recent buyer claims the unit he got had an older non-high sensitivity chipset in it.

???

I thought the Hcx was the all new latest and greatest.

Is this guy lost or is this something to watch out for?

I think you nailed it.

I friend just got his new Vista HCx on Friday. He works in a 100 YO brick building which will not receive cell phone signals. His HCx has no problem getting satellites, my older Cx sees nothing in the same building.

After using the original Garmin Vista for a few years for hiking and geocaching, I'm looking to buy the newest Vista, which I think is the Hcx.

Looking for the best price I came along a confusing review on the www.newegg site.

A recent buyer claims the unit he got had an older non-high sensitivity chipset in it.

???

I thought the Hcx was the all new latest and greatest.

The Garmin eTrex Vista HCx chipset is a non-issue. My Vista HCx is the most reliable, accurate and sensitive unit I've ever used.

You will not be disappointed.