FTF booty in a microcache?

Owner's choice. Every region has different norms. But they are always appreciated. I've never seen a prize in a NANO!!! I guess you could roll up that $100 bill - I'd appreciate that. But I have in some micros where one would ft (like a coupon for ice cream!!). Of course, there is the old story of an owner leaving a walking stick next to the cache as a FTF prize.

I'm sure this has been addressed before but is it customary to leave a FTF prize in a microcache? (In my case, a magnetic key holder) If so, what do you suggest?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you could consider this to be a "FTF prize", however, a small diabetes TB could be placed into a microcache. Then again, the $100 rolled up bill would definately be better! :anibad:

I think it's on a per person basis. I don't see many micros with FTF items in them, but I'm sure it's certainly appreciated. I love making buttons and created one with a "Congratulations - First to Find!" stuff on it for the 35mm micros I made. The couple that found it said they put it on their caching backpack, so that made me really happy =)

If you are hiding a micro in SE Indiana, the ONLY accepted custom is to put in a roll of $100 bills (as many as you can compress into the container) and to privately email me with the coordinates prior to approval so i can take appropriate measures to make the evil FTF race "fair." :anibad::o

FTF prizes are totally optional. A $5 bill is a good one for a micro. A gift card is another good idea for larger caches.

If you are hiding a micro in SE Indiana, the ONLY accepted custom is to put in a roll of $100 bills (as many as you can compress into the container) and to privately email me with the coordinates prior to approval so i can take appropriate measures to make the evil FTF race "fair." :o:anibad:

Ok, once I win the lottery I'll get this going for you. :o

Thanks everyone for the replies. It's been helpful and I'm looking forward to placing my first microcache very soon. I'll have something good in there for the FTF. :o

I place a printed FTF certificate that is good for a drink on me in all my caches. I add that part in by hand on the open line space. One of our local FTF hounds has gotten several and redeemed them when we watched a football game at a local watering hole, I bought all the beer. :o

ftfaward.jpg

Thats in addition to scratch lotto ticket, coin, or some other nifty thing that will fit inside the container.

Edited by mudsneaker
I place a printed FTF certificate that is good for a drink on me in all my caches. I add that part in by hand on the open line space. One of our local FTF hounds has gotten several and redeemed them when we watched a football game at a local watering hole, I bought all the beer.

(pic)

Thats in addition to scratch lotto ticket, coin, or some other nifty thing that will fit inside the container.

In Denmark most caches have a "FFC" - First Finders Certificate. However we almost never have any prizes. For most people being FTF is prize enough :o

I've been FTF many times. Sometimes there is no "prize". Some folks in this area leave a certificate for the FTF. One cacher usually leaves a gold dollar. I've left smashed pennys, gold dollars and indian head pennies in micro caches. I smashed pennies in Yellowstone and also at the Museum of Natural History in Bozeman, Mt. Folks like stuff like that and it fits into a typical micro. I did a couple of FTF caches last night and found 2 quarters in each as the FTF prize.

Edited by Thrak