Help needed.... (please don't shout at me!)

Having

a) just returned to caching after a little break and

;) acquired a new laptop as the old one broke

I have managed to re-setup my GSAK. I have re-installed my MMap BUT for the life of me, cannot understand/re-install the macro/script/custom icons etc to export to MMap from GSAK.

I tried to read through the thread but got lost. Can anyone give this 'newbie' an idiots guide? I believe the original scripts etc were by roolku and Edgemaster.

I still have to sort out TT custom export icons to PPC from GSAK too, but one thing at a time.

;)

Having

I have managed to re-setup my GSAK. I have re-installed my MMap BUT for the life of me, cannot understand/re-install the macro/script/custom icons etc to export to MMap from GSAK.

I tried to read through the thread but got lost. Can anyone give this 'newbie' an idiots guide? I believe the original scripts etc were by roolku and Edgemaster.

I still have to sort out TT custom export icons to PPC from GSAK too, but one thing at a time.

;)

what version memory map you using 6 or 7?

Having

;)

4!

Having

:D acquired a new laptop as the old one broke

:D

There's a version 6/7? I thought the latest version of MM was V5?!

Having

:D acquired a new laptop as the old one broke

:laughing:

There's a version 6/7? I thought the latest version of MM was V5?!

I think he meant GSAK :D

I have been fairly happy with the default icons but I thought I would have a look at what all the fuss was about :)

I followed all the steps in the link above and it all made sense - the only problem is that I end up with every cache and waypoint as a small blue dot :lol:

What have I missed???

Edited - I found it :):blink:

For some reason I installed GSAK in c:\gsak and memory.txt has the path to the icons embedded in it. A quick find and replace to give the correct path and the export now gives me all the lovely icons! :blink:

Many thanks to all involved in generating them!

Cheers,

Trevor

Edited by T.R.a.M.P.
I have been fairly happy with the default icons but I thought I would have a look at what all the fuss was about :)

I followed all the steps in the link above and it all made sense - the only problem is that I end up with every cache and waypoint as a small blue dot :lol:

What have I missed???

Cheers,

Trevor

You need to edit the memory.txt file and point the userimages directory to where yours is. My problem was that my default directory is C:\GSAK.. and the memory.txt file has it as C:\program files\GSAK...

removing the Program files etc worked for me. It's a good guide but use it in conjunction with the readme.txt file in the ZIP file as well.

Hope that helps.If not, PM/EMail me

(I'm nearly back to being good again!!!)

What have I missed???

Cheers,

Trevor

You need to edit the memory.txt file and point the userimages directory to where yours is. My problem was that my default directory is C:\GSAK.. and the memory.txt file has it as C:\program files\GSAK...

removing the Program files etc worked for me. It's a good guide but use it in conjunction with the readme.txt file in the ZIP file as well.

Hope that helps.If not, PM/EMail me

(I'm nearly back to being good again!!!)

Wow that was quick!

You must have been posting as I corrected the orginial - many thanks for your reply anyway :)