Protective screen plastic. Vista

Barkoff

I bought a 2007 Etrex Vista HCx, I remember there was quite a lot of discussion about trying to find a protective plastic shield for the unit. I remember there was a problem with the company who supplies these not quite getting the size correct.

Was this ever worked out, can somebody shoot me a link to a correct fitting plastic shield?

Thank you.

I took a nice tumble down a hillside a couple weeks ago while hunting a cache. I went one way, the GPS went the other. The face of my unit was pretty scuffed up (with an Invisible Shield on it), and it stayed that way (oftentimes, scratches and things will heal themselves with the Shield).

I called the company, and they made good on their warranty of a free replacement. When I got the new one, I peeled the old Shield off, and was amazed at how pristine the face of the GPS was. Not even the slightest scratch on it -- it looked like I had just bought it. So the Invisible Shield did its job -- very impressive little piece of plastic! It's definitely worth the money.