Bought GPSMAP 60CX now what mapsource?

The NT is designed for the c series of car GPS' and has overhead that the other file doesn't. Not enough to make a difference in speed. They both have the same information. I have the NT because my first GPS was a c320 and it is required for that. I also load it on my 76CS and it works fine. Unless you are going for a car series that requires NT (GPSNOW.COM does a nice table that shows what system for each GPS) go with the regular.

I was always under the impression that the non-NT City Navigator did not provide turn-by-turn directions...guess I'm wrong? :drama:

I've got a 60Csx, and bought the NT version. I'm just wishing Garmin would offer Topo map coverage in 1:24,000 instead of 1:100,000; I was kinda disappointed after I bought Topo 2008, guess I should have read the box! :anicute:

Okay, so I bought a Garmin GPSMAP 60CX and now I don't know what type of software do I need? What is the difference between Mapsource City Navigator NT North America and just plain City Navigator.

I am new to geocaching (2 mo.) and I am totally clueless. Please let me know what you use and/or recommend. Thank you!!! :anicute:

Don't buy any version of CN if you ever want to use it on another GPS receiver (without spending more money).

Instead:

1) Buy the latest version of Metroguide (v.8 ??) on eBay for less than retail (or buy it retail if you must). Install it.

2) Download MetroWizzz (free) or purchase MetroGold ($6.00US ) from www.geodude.nl

3) Apply MetroWizzz/Gold to add turn-by-turn routing functionality to Metroguide, and upload to your 60Cx and as many other GPS receivers as you want without worrying about unlock codes, because Garmin doesn't require you to jump through their onerous and expensive unlocking hoops to use MetroGuide on more than one unit.

4) Enjoy a nice dinner on the money you just saved.

Edited by JSWilson64

Okay, so I bought a Garmin GPSMAP 60CX and now I don't know what type of software do I need? What is the difference between Mapsource City Navigator NT North America and just plain City Navigator.

I am new to geocaching (2 mo.) and I am totally clueless. Please let me know what you use and/or recommend. Thank you!!! :anicute:

Don't buy any version of CN if you ever want to use it on another GPS receiver (without spending more money).

Instead:

1) Buy the latest version of Metroguide (v.8 ??) on eBay for less than retail (or buy it retail if you must). Install it.

2) Download MetroWizzz (free) or purchase MetroGold ($6.00US ) from www.geodude.nl

3) Apply MetroWizzz/Gold to add turn-by-turn routing functionality to Metroguide, and upload to your 60Cx and as many other GPS receivers as you want without worrying about unlock codes, because Garmin doesn't require you to jump through their onerous and expensive unlocking hoops to use MetroGuide on more than one unit.

4) Enjoy a nice dinner on the money you just saved.

Not true!

If you get the SD Card Version of the CN maps, you can move it from GPS to GPS without issue. You can only use it in one at a time, but at least when you upgrade, you can take it with you.

Yes, but if you get the SD Card Version of the CN maps, you cannot use those maps on your computer. I guess that would be okay if you had National Geographic TOPO! or MS Streets and Trips for computer use . . . However, I like having Mapsource City Navigator and Mapsource Topo on my computers. :anicute: