Little Quest Conquered Again

pklong

I've just been texted and Rastan, LivvyP and Johnny English have bagged the Little Quest Final Cache. You took your time :) . Mega Congratulations folks and I hope you enjoyed completing the series as much as I did, a huge achievement.

Philip

Thanks guys & gals for your kind comments, actually the total distance travelled was 5083 miles! In response to my friend FantasticCat actually we did not spend a single penny in petrol, we used the diesel car for this :huh: and yes I did keep a running total of the cost which ended up as £711.62 (ish), but don't tell Mrs Rastan or I'm a dead man :unsure:

Big thanks to L8HNB for LQ:Worcestershire, would recommend this to everyone, don't want to give the game away but the cache container will certainly bring a smile to your face :blink:

And HazelS's LQ:Merseyside just brought the memories back of my childhood, anyone here remember the liver birds? was humming the tune for 2 days after, the views from the top of the nearby tower were stunning (now I'm stuck with that tune in my head again :) )

Was a shame that KandG's LQ:Warwickshire had been muggled on the day that we happened to be passing, but hey (or "yay" as a certain seafairing type would say), we got to enjoy this location twice!

And we enjoyed Realmofchaos's LQ:Derbyshire cache, remember this one well although it was one of the first we found, great vantage point with fantastic views, we decided to have our "dinner" here and take in the scenery!

Can't express my thanks enough to PopUpPirate for organising this series, it really has been so much fun, feel sad in a way that it's over, what are we going to do now? And also big thanks goes to pklong for encouraging me along the way and standing by as my paf (never used that lifeline though, but very nearly did, was nice to know it was there)

17 trips altogether, heres how we did it:

Trip 1 – 2/10/2007

City of London

Distance travelled: 24 miles (by public transport)

Trip 2 – 23/10/2007

Bedfordshire

Distance travelled: 74 miles

Trip 3 – 24/10/2007

Cambridgeshire, Rutland, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire

Distance travelled: 419 miles

Trip 4 – 26/10/2007

Kent

Distance travelled: 183 miles (was passing anyway on the way home from France, but would be 183 miles from home & back)

Trip 5 – 30/10/2007

Suffolk, Norfolk

Distance travelled: 246 miles

Trip 6 – 1/11/2007

Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire

Distance travelled: 190 miles

Trip 7 – 14/11/2007

Essex, East Sussex

Distance travelled: 204 miles

Trip 8 – 16/11/2007

Berkshire, Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey, Greater London

Distance travelled: 239 miles

Trip 9 – 17/11/2007

Hertfordshire

Distance travelled: 70 miles

Trip 10 – 18/11/2007

Lancashire, Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, Durham, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire

Distance travelled: 809 miles

Trip 11 – 1/12/2007

Staffordshire, Merseyside, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, Lincolnshire

Distance travelled: 554 miles

Trip 12 – 7/12/2007

Wiltshire, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Worcestershire

Distance travelled: 356 miles

Trip 13 – 13/12/2007

Warwickshire (dnf), West Midlands

Distance travelled: 222 miles (Warwickshire was muggled, so was a dnf)

Trip 14 – 16/12/2007

Shropshire

Distance travelled: 327 miles

Trip 15 – 25/1/2008

Warwickshire

Distance travelled: 197 miles

Trip 16 – 22/2/2008

Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, Somerset

Distance travelled: 547 miles

Trip 17 – 9/3/2008

Little Quest Final

Distance travelled: 422 miles