Logged Cache Finds No Longer Listed!

redjustino

I would say that I am still new to geocaching. In total I have found around 50 (?) geocaches. I am helping our local historical society map and record the coordinates of graves and other points of historical importance (a lot of Lincoln sites). Well I logged onto geocaching.com today for the first time in a few months and I haven't logged anything in quite a few more, and to my dismay there are only 4 geocaches that are logged as found.

Does anyone know if found geocaches are slowly deleted if one does not actively cache? I would find that to be quite ridiculous. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

I would say that I am still new to geocaching. In total I have found around 50 (?) geocaches. I am helping our local historical society map and record the coordinates of graves and other points of historical importance (a lot of Lincoln sites). Well I logged onto geocaching.com today for the first time in a few months and I haven't logged anything in quite a few more, and to my dismay there are only 4 geocaches that are logged as found.

Does anyone know if found geocaches are slowly deleted if one does not actively cache? I would find that to be quite ridiculous. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

No, they are still in there somewhere. Is it possible that you have two separate accounts and the others are under a similar, but different, name? Are they your most recent finds or your first finds? Go to the page of a cache that you have done, that does not appear on your list, and find your log. Follow the trail from there.

Found-it logs are not deleted just because you stop caching for a while.

I can only think of two possibilities, the first of which is pretty unlikely:

(1) The owners of those other 46 caches all decided to delete your logs. If that had happened, you would have gotten 46 emails about it, though.

(2) You logged them under a different user name.

Did you have two accounts, maybe?

Can you think of some of the missing caches and the approximate dates that you found them? If you can, then try going back to those cache pages and looking at the logs around those dates, and see if any of the logs or usernames rings a bell.

Are you sure you did log them and didn't forget to do so?

remember too, it will only display the most recent (past 30 days) finds, by default. If you stopped for a while, it will eventually look like you havent done any at all. Click on your profile, then "caches found" I think. It will list them all. Archived caches will be red with a line through them.

Someone was right!! I have 2 different user names, I started with one, and transfered to another after the original 4 finds. I completly forgot about it until someone mentioned the possibility. Thanks for the help. One good note: I have 65 finds, not 50! It's thawing off and I'm looking at getting back out there! Thanks again for the help!! :laughing: