Which One Please

rain417

I have the Magellan eXplorist 210 and it works just fine for caching. A few people here have mentioned lateley that because the eXplorist 500 has been discontinued, that some stores are selling it as low as $80. Also a tip that might help, when my friend and I go caching, sometimes we have to make ourselves put the GPS away when we get close and use our intuition to look in logical hiding spots....

Hope this helps

Tracy of Dick'N'Tracy

Since you already have a GPSr for on street navigating, any one of the Garmin eTrex series would work great for the final navigation to the cache. The original yellow eTrex can be had for less than $100. If you want something with autorouting capabilities, the Vista C and Legend C, both now discontinued, can be found on ebay for between $100 and $200.

since you already have A Garmin... I would stick with Garmin...

for compatability reasons and cost effetiveness with software...

A Garmin eTrex Legend CX model would be a good match...

we have the 60 & 76 CSx models, and love both...

also have a Legend C... the Legend C works just fine for geocaching...

we just needed the waterproof stuff & off-shore sailboat racing features the 60 & 76 CSx's have to offer...

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors

:drama: Thanks so much for all the help on this one, I am going to stick with Garmin. About the bells and whistles, that's my problem, I always want more than I need!! I'm going to do the research and figure out exactly which one to get, I do know I'm going with the high sensitivity, just gotta pick it now!! I appreciate all the help!!!!

Debbie