Vista HCx animated mystery icon

I'm sure I saw the answer to this on the forum, but I've just searched back to last October...

The icon appears in the bottom left corner of the display and I suspect it indicated the unit is or wants to update satellite information.

I can't get it to appear at will or I'd post an example.

I'm interested in it's function because I have a problem with my unit (locks up regularly) for which Garmin have suggested a reset. I would have expected a full reset to remove my startup greeting and cause the myster icon to appear - if it represents "getting satellite data"

So, please, what does the image mean?

I'm sure I saw the answer to this on the forum, but I've just searched back to last October...

The icon appears in the bottom left corner of the display and I suspect it indicated the unit is or wants to update satellite information.

I'm interested in it's function because I have a problem with my unit (locks up regularly) for which Garmin have suggested a reset. I would have expected a full reset to remove my startup greeting and cause the myster icon to appear - if it represents "getting satellite data"

The GPSMAP 60 & 76 series units have the same thing. Its kinda cute.

I have the same animation on my iQue - "searching for satellites", until it gets enough signal to navigate by.