Cointracking or geocoincollection?

southpawaz

My view would be that the biggest difference between the 2 is user input. On Cointracking, anyone can put up a pic of a coin and give it a name. This can get confusing if you're looking for a particular coin, and get a bunch of different coins in your search results. Often, the names of the coins are incorrect.

Geocoincollection I think has a better handle on this. They put up the pic of the coin, so there's no confusion there. That makes for more consistency I think.

Personally, I prefer the "look" of Cointracking.com, but I think geocoincollection is better organized.

I'm sure there are better pros or cons, but that's my view. I believe geocoincollection has a free 5 day trial, so give it a try and see if you like it.

My view would be that the biggest difference between the 2 is user input. On Cointracking, anyone can put up a pic of a coin and give it a name. This can get confusing if you're looking for a particular coin, and get a bunch of different coins in your search results. Often, the names of the coins are incorrect.

Geocoincollection I think has a better handle on this. They put up the pic of the coin, so there's no confusion there. That makes for more consistency I think.

Personally, I prefer the "look" of Cointracking.com, but I think geocoincollection is better organized.

I'm sure there are better pros or cons, but that's my view. I believe geocoincollection has a free 5 day trial, so give it a try and see if you like it.

I agree with coreynjoey - geocoincollection has quality control, such that coins go up with their correct name (usually) and aren't duplicated under multiple entries (usually). OK, it does occasionally happen that the name of the coin isn't quite right, or that the finished is list incorrectly or twice, but the guys at geocoincollection are very quick to fix these when they are pointed out to them. They are very responsive to adding new coins (you report it to them in the forums and they add it first opportunity they get (daily?).

That all said, I do like how cointracking has more options to classify coins under (incoming, outgoing, keeping, available, seeking, pending). And there are a few more fields to add information to against coins, but these seem to be somewhat confusing as I see people use these fields in very different ways - which shows that their purpose is not quite clear. (Just what really is an Edition - and why do some people classify the same coin as being an Edition coin and others don't! Does Numbered mean trackable? Some people use it to record the number is it is numbered, some use it to record the Tracking prefix, some just answer yes/no)

But my personal vote is for geocoincollection. :blink:

Definitely use the free trial both offer and make maximum use of it for the few days you get. Throw heaps of coins in, search around, add some to your seeking list and then move them to your trading list, etc to get a good feel of them sites.

I've used both sites also, and have found that I prefer Coin Tracking. I like that I can instantly put a coin in. I like to put them on my list immediately then put them with my collection. I know that searching is a benefit on Geocoin Collection, but I've never had a problem finding a coin on CoinTracking.

I also like that I can name them what I want, so that coins in a series remain together. And I'm one of these weirdos who likes them to be placed in order that they came out in a series. Like all my GCC coins are "GCC#" and then the name, so they are together in order! LOL