Looking to upgrade my GPS

Eric and Hill

I bought my Meridian Gold back in 2003, and after purchasing a SD card, finally, I found out my GPSr can only handle a 128mb..... I think its time for a new GPSr.

I am hoping to "cheaply" purchase a used GPSr from someone local here in the San Diego region, that may have upgraded to a new one and has their older one lying around.

I tried to get the wife to let my buy a Colorado but she pointed and her pregnant belly and said "Don't you think the money could be spent better here?" :D

If anyone could help, that would be wonderful!

I bought my Meridian Gold back in 2003, and after purchasing a SD card, finally, I found out my GPSr can only handle a 128mb..... I think its time for a new GPSr.

I am hoping to "cheaply" purchase a used GPSr from someone local here in the San Diego region, that may have upgraded to a new one and has their older one lying around.

I tried to get the wife to let my buy a Colorado but she pointed and her pregnant belly and said "Don't you think the money could be spent better here?" :D

Seems pretty clear to me that she was indicating that you should be thinking about the young'un's first GPSr instead of selfishly thinking of yourself.

I'd suggest something that is water/drool resistant for starters. Shock resistant is good since those little fingers will probably drop it on the trail a few times. Big buttons would be a plus. And since he/she will probably have it for awhile, I'd suggest a GPSr that has plenty of rubberized parts for teething. (The antenna of the Garmin 60 series seems ideal...)

:D

I tried to get the wife to let my buy a Colorado but she pointed and her pregnant belly and said "Don't you think the money could be spent better here?" :huh:

Seems pretty clear to me that she was indicating that you should be thinking about the young'un's first GPSr instead of selfishly thinking of yourself.

I'd suggest something that is water/drool resistant for starters. Shock resistant is good since those little fingers will probably drop it on the trail a few times. Big buttons would be a plus. And since he/she will probably have it for awhile, I'd suggest a GPSr that has plenty of rubberized parts for teething. (The antenna of the Garmin 60 series seems ideal...)

:D:lol: I think he gets my old Meridian Gold. That thing has survived countless drops and submersions.

I tried to get the wife to let my buy a Colorado but she pointed and her pregnant belly and said "Don't you think the money could be spent better here?" :huh:

:D:lol: I think he gets my old Meridian Gold. That thing has survived countless drops and submersions.

Get a Garmin Vista HCX 251.00 from Tiger GPS free shipping. Will do most everthing the 60 series will do but smaller and easier to use.

:lol::huh: I think he gets my old Meridian Gold. That thing has survived countless drops and submersions.

Get a Garmin Vista HCX 251.00 from Tiger GPS free shipping. Will do most everthing the 60 series will do but smaller and easier to use.

Why don't you wait 'til Sunday when we go to MTRP and pick up the remains of Snake and LLOT - you'll get at least one GPSr. :):D:D

Edited by ThePolarBear