colorado and oziexplorer

snomchfun

I think they mean for real time tracking....

Unfortunately, the current firmware does not allow that, as I understand it.....

In that case you'll need to buy a serial cable. I just updated the data transfer section of the FAQ with the protocols supported and a link to the serial cable.

GO$Rs

Or wait until they change the firmware to allow USB transfer....

I'm guessing it'll be like a lot of 3rd party software. The easiest way to transfer data in/out of the Colorado is when it is hooked up as a USB drive. There are FAQs related to this in the data transfer section of the FAQ linked in my signature.

GO$Rs

The problem is Ozi doesn't seem ackowledge the device (it is USB). I've used Ozi for years with several models of Garmin and this the first time I've seen it not work. I've emailed Ozi but no response. Just curious if anyone has been able to get Ozi to see the Colorado.

At the moment in order to use real time tracking, you need the serial cable. With the USB cable the unit goes into "drive mode" when connected.

If you are trying to import waypoints or tracks, then you open the GPX files on the unit. It will show up as another drive on the computer. You do NOT use the normal GPS transfer options. Simply open the GPX files on the drive.

At the moment in order to use real time tracking, you need the serial cable. With the USB cable the unit goes into "drive mode" when connected.

If you are trying to import waypoints or tracks, then you open the GPX files on the unit. It will show up as another drive on the computer. You do NOT use the normal GPS transfer options. Simply open the GPX files on the drive.

cool............ thanks