Handheld GPS

BE WARNED!!!!!!

My magellan explorist failed to communicate and I contacted them. NIGHTMARE!!!! Almost 20 calls/ over 4 months wait/ Hours wasted waiting on hold/ running trough a big trouble shoot multiple times.... The list goes on. They repeatedly lied and told me a replacement was on the way when that wasn't a fact. I was sent a replacement cable C.O.D. (unit was still under waranty) while the cable wasn't the problem.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MY LIFE. EVER.

but I want to make it clear that I never took it out on the poor staff. It's bad enuf that they work night shift in India to serve us in North America our during business hours...

BE WARNED!!!!!!

My magellan explorist failed to communicate and I contacted them. NIGHTMARE!!!! Almost 20 calls/ over 4 months wait/ Hours wasted waiting on hold/ running trough a big trouble shoot multiple times.... The list goes on. They repeatedly lied and told me a replacement was on the way when that wasn't a fact. I was sent a replacement cable C.O.D. (unit was still under waranty) while the cable wasn't the problem.

but I want to make it clear that I never took it out on the poor staff. It's bad enuf that they work night shift in India to serve us in North America our during business hours...

helirider, eight identical posts in different threads? That's bordering on spam.

BE WARNED!!!!!!

helirider, eight identical posts in different threads? That's bordering on spam.

Looks to me like a RantSpam. :D

That is a good ons as are the Magellan Explorist series. Got mine on eBay for under $100. Look around on line and you should be able to find what you want at a price you can afford :D

The difference between the Garmin eTrex line and the Magellan GPS units is the existence of Customer Service, should you need it. Garmin is noted for excellent Customer Service. Magellan, not so much . . . :lol:

Check out the new Garmin 'H' units on the Garmin web site "comparison page." Then, check online merchants such as Amazon.com, OffRoute.com, and TheNerds.net to get the best prices.

If your computer doesn't have a Serial Port, you should look at GPS units that connect with USB. The discontinued Garmin Legend C and Vista C might be available for under $100 and they connect with USB. They will also accept maps, including the maps that auto-route. :D

Edited by Miragee

:blink:

BE WARNED!!!!!!

Looks to me like a RantSpam. :unsure:

Yes it's rant spam. I want people to know whats going on. I'm usually a very easy going guy. I just had a call from magellan last week saying they are going to send me a replacement 500!!! I already received the unit. plus they had promised a triton 400. The words "get your head out your a**" keep coming into my mind for some reason.....................

Yes it's rant spam. I want people to know whats going on. I'm usually a very easy going guy. I just had a call from magellan last week saying they are going to send me a replacement 500!!! I already received the unit. plus they had promised a triton 400. The words "get your head out your a**" keep coming into my mind for some reason.....................

Be glad that you are getting an Explorist. I have a triton 200 and an Explorist XL. The XL is not perfect but it works... the Triton is a paperweight pending a response from Magellan Tech support... If it were not for the fact I need Magellan to stay in business long enough to fix my 200 I'd be calling for a boycott..