KY/TN Travel Bug Tag

O-Mega

Ok, first let me say that I searched for a "garage sale" area to post in but only the GPS one exists. So if this needs to be moved somewhere more appropriate a Mod may do so.

I am looking for an unused TB Tag that has KY & TN or KTAG in the number to make our organizations (Kentucky Tennessee Area Geocachers) banner trackable. I would prefer both states in it but of course may have to settle for one or the other. If you have one I would appreciate a trade or sale, I'll pay for shipping for both on any trades. Post here or PM me, I'll pick the most appropriate one.

v/r

O-Mega

Ok, first let me say that I searched for a "garage sale" area to post in but only the GPS one exists. So if this needs to be moved somewhere more appropriate a Mod may do so.

I am looking for an unused TB Tag that has KY & TN or KTAG in the number to make our organizations (Kentucky Tennessee Area Geocachers) banner trackable. I would prefer both states in it but of course may have to settle for one or the other. If you have one I would appreciate a trade or sale, I'll pay for shipping for both on any trades. Post here or PM me, I'll pick the most appropriate one.

v/r

O-Mega

Just checked the 2 unactivated TB tags I have and neither are a match. Sorry. Neat idea, though. Hope you find what you are looking for.

v/r

O-Mega

Checked my 11 unactivated and 9 activated. No matches. I will keep it in mind. :ph34r:

BUMP this one up for another look-see.

Haven't found any tb tags but have had offers for geocoins, that may be my next step if no TBs surface. Too bad you can't request a custom number from TPTB, even at a higher price (not too much higher :D ) it would be great to be able to get numbers for Geo Organizational banners. What about it Groundspeak? Care to have another money making opportunity??

You do know that even if you get these numbers, you can't post them publicly anywhere, or you risk having the TB locked if people start virtually logging it?

Yes, I am aware of that. But it would be cool when someone walks up to the banner and sees they have those letters in the mix. A better way would be to get Grounsspeak involved with the process.

If they would issue a custom reference number that we could post, this would not be an issue, that way banners could have public numbers that matched the Geo organization while still maintaining a random tracking number. How about it Eartha, do you have any pull with TPTB?

v/r

O-Mega

You can always post the "reference number" on the trackable page.

I don't think I would have much pull when it comes to tracking numbers. who's to say those numbers/letters haven't already been issued? They manufacture them in batches, not one at a time, so ordering a specific tracking code would require someone has to sort through all the TB's that have been issued to all the stores that sell them out there, to look for that particular number.

You can always post the "reference number" on the trackable page.

I don't think I would have much pull when it comes to tracking numbers. who's to say those numbers/letters haven't already been issued? They manufacture them in batches, not one at a time, so ordering a specific tracking code would require someone has to sort through all the TB's that have been issued to all the stores that sell them out there, to look for that particular number.

Actually it should not be much of an issue, most TB reference numbers start with "TB". If TPTB starts selling special Geo Organization numbers, the reference numbers can start with "GO" for Geocache Organization or "BA" for Banner and allow the rest to be the organizations call letters such as GOKTAG or BAKTAG for my particular one. That way the new numbers would not have to be checked against ones already out there and the tracking numbers can just be generated using the same method already in use. I doubt there are so many organizations out there that this would take any significant amount of time even if there is a rush in the beginning. After that it would be a few at a time as new organizations are formed and banners created. I would be willing to purchase these numbers at a geocoin price of $10-$12 and I bet others would do it as well.

v/r

O-Mega