Who is watching you.....

ernbob

Is there a way to see who is watching your caches or trackables on the web site. I can see how many people are watching but can't see who.

If you have a 'members only' cache, there's a hit list link near the top of the cache page that shows you who looked at the cache page, when the last time was that they looked, and how many times they looked.

No way of seeing who is on the watchlist though.

I know it's not who's watching, but I have http://www.mixmap.com on my cache page and I can't see "who" is viewing the page.... but I can see when and where... which is kind of cool. People from all over have viewed my cache page.... even though I only have a few finders.

That would seem to violate the site's Terms Of Use, specifically You agree not to: [...] Collect or store personal data about other Site users. Even if it isn't attached to a specific profile, you're still collecting data about other Site users.

And those "people from all over" are most likely (but not always) search engine spiders and email collection bots, not real people.

But thanks for the info. I've added www.mixmap.com to my adblock list.

Edited by Prime Suspect

The watchlist may be only a small fraction of those watching your listing as many cachers now use bookmark lists and you don't know about them. Still others only see your listing via PQs.

Don't forget instant notifications, too. There can be dozens of people keeping tabs on your cache, that aren't reflected in the watch count.

That would seem to violate the site's Terms Of Use, specifically You agree not to: [...] Collect or store personal data about other Site users. Even if it isn't attached to a specific profile, you're still collecting data about other Site users.

I wasn't aware that adblocks would block simple unscripted jpg's..... good to know.

I think that maybe a little hard to enforce... if I'm hosting a image, jpg or any other format, on my own sever, I can see where that image was loaded to geographically. I just thought it was fun to see where people "may" have been coming from...it's like those "hit counters" some people have on their cache pages, it's fun to see how may views they've had vs. how many people have actually logged it. But thanks for pointing that out...I guess it is more of an honor system... and I have removed it.

I didn't mean for this to divert from the original post... sorry ernbob.