Can't log a drop as a "drop"

SassyGingerNinja

I picked up a geo coin recently from a cache and I was able to pull up it's log with the tracking number and log it as a retrieve from a cache. I dropped it off at a different cache today, however, when I went to the log to show it as a drop - there was no "option" in the log menu. I had to post it as a note, however, this will not show that the coin is in the proper cache. How do I do this so the owner knows it's location and it's logged properly? I am new at this. Thanks!

Wow, you found a Triple Dragon coin! That's a cool one! Here's what you need to do:

go to that cache page where you dropped the coin: Squirrel Nut Zipper's new Home

Now you're going to click the "log your visit" link on the top right.

from the drop down menu select "write note"

In the comments box write something super unique like "coin drop" ;)

Below the comments box you should see a drop down list (Dropped off any Travel Bugs?) with your inventory... you should see the Triple Dragon coin here. Make sure it is highlighted.

Now click the Submit Log Entry button.

zip bam boom

you're done.

I picked up a geo coin recently from a cache and I was able to pull up it's log with the tracking number and log it as a retrieve from a cache. I dropped it off at a different cache today, however, when I went to the log to show it as a drop - there was no "option" in the log menu. I had to post it as a note, however, this will not show that the coin is in the proper cache. How do I do this so the owner knows it's location and it's logged properly? I am new at this. Thanks!

This happens on occasion. The first Retrieve didn't take. You'll need to do the Retrieve again so you pull it into your inventory. Then you can post a note on the cache to do the drop as outlined earlier.

Afterwards you can delete the first Retrieve log if you want.

If you no longer have the tracking number to do the Retrieve you can contact the owner and ask them to provide it.