Immediate Pocket Query Results

I have read that a few people refer to pocket queries as if they can run them and download the .zip file immediately to load them into their PDA. Possible??? I haven't been able to find it if you can. ;)

"Immediate," no; but a new query will often run in only a minute or two.

Edit: Or what StarBrand said. I didn't type fast enough. ;)

Edited by FamilyDNA
I've heard of it taking hours instead of minutes to get 'em, but I have never had it take over a very few minutes to get mine.
I think the delays are related to the ISPs. I would recommend those having trouble to get a free gmail account. They give you 6GB of free space that you can use to keep all your geocaching emails together.
I've heard of it taking hours instead of minutes to get 'em, but I have never had it take over a very few minutes to get mine.
I think the delays are related to the ISPs. I would recommend those having trouble to get a free gmail account. They give you 6GB of free space that you can use to keep all your geocaching emails together.

I use gmail - the delays happen there too at times. I've run a file before that did not come through so I ran it again and sent it to an alternate gmail address... It came through in a few minutes. Then about a half hour later the original one came through on my primary gmail address. Hmmm - cyberspace.

I use gmail - the delays happen there too at times. I've run a file before that did not come through so I ran it again and sent it to an alternate gmail address... It came through in a few minutes. Then about a half hour later the original one came through on my primary gmail address. Hmmm - cyberspace.

That is odd. It could have been the server getting bogged down. I'm sure there are times when that happens.

I have read that a few people refer to pocket queries as if they can run them and download the .zip file immediately to load them into their PDA. Possible??? I haven't been able to find it if you can. :huh:

What is it that you "haven't been able to find"?

Typically when I run a PQ, I have the .zip file of results in my mailbox within 3-4 minutes.

I must confess though that I really don't understand your question or exactly what information it is that you seek.

I have read that a few people refer to pocket queries as if they can run them and download the .zip file immediately to load them into their PDA. Possible??? I haven't been able to find it if you can. :huh:

What is it that you "haven't been able to find"?

Typically when I run a PQ, I have the .zip file of results in my mailbox within 3-4 minutes.

I must confess though that I really don't understand your question or exactly what information it is that you seek.

I couldn't find out how to set up my PQs to get the results emailed in such a short amount of time.

I figured why I wasn't getting them in a timely manner, or at all it seems. I had typed in the alternate email address I wanted them sent to wrongbanghead.gif Someone somewhere is wondering what the heck a Pocket Query is and why they got it in their email:laughing:

Put in the new PQs with the right Email address and it still took about 4 hours till I got them, but I did make them at prime internet time last night.

Thanks y'all for the help.

Edited by Pirates of Tuskegee

Put in the new PQs with the right Email address and it still took about 4 hours till I got them, but I did make them at prime internet time last night.

Thanks y'all for the help.

Just to clarify something: is that four hours before or after the query is run on the site? You can tell by going back to your Pocket Query page and looking at the date/time to the right. If the timestamp is bold, the query rain the last 24 hours and should be on it's way to your inbox. I've almost always received a query within minutes after it runs, but queries that you run more often aren't processed by the site as quickly. For example, if I enable a query that I haven't run in 4 months, it usually gets sent out within a minute. If I run a query that I ran the day before yesterday, it could be four or five hours before the website processes it and emails me the file.