retrieving a coin code

LionsLair

I'm sure I'm not the only one to run across this problem, but I am having trouble retriving an activation code from geocoinclub.com

I purchased the coin off of ebay and when I asked the seller for help, I was told that he had traded for the coins and has no idea how to retrieve the code. I did the homework and found out who(geocoinclub.com) to get the code from, but all I get is that the coin has been retrieved by someone else. I have emailed them twice in the past week to try and get the info I want, but get no response.

I guess I am looking for advice and wondered if anyone knew why getting info from them is so much harder than getting info from any of the other activation sites?

An activation code can only be retrieved if the coin has not already been activated. From what I read in your post, it sounds as though someone else has already activated the coin. If this is the case, you will need to "adopt" it from whoever it is who activated the coin. Good luck. You might want to start by entering the "tracking number" found on the coin and see who activated the coin originally.

You are right, GeoCoinClub only lets the activation code be retrieved once.

And it doesn't matter if it gets used for activation or not, once its retrieved that's it. Even if the same person is trying to retrieve it again.

You might also try contacting them through www.geocoinstore.com Its the same people.

Sometimes it can take a week to get a response from any vendor about activation codes. I have had to be patient with all of them...

Edited by Toojin & Bart

The coin is certainly NOT activated. T&B is exactly correct. The geocoinclub.com server only allows for a one time retrieval of a code. That doesn't melt down the codes file, or self destruct the evidence ;)

An email to info@geocoinclub.com will suffice, but patience is the key. They will have to research which coin, find the database, and dig up the code. That's not quick for anyone, especially dudes that run three businesses in their spare time ;)

TMA

I faced similar challenges when I started collecting coins off Ebay. What I learned from that is that if you send them (geocoinclub) a pic of the coin showing the tracking # it proves you're in possession of it. If it hasn't already been activated by previous owner(s) they will send you the activation code.... but be patient as they have to get a round tuit!! :D;);)

Thanks for the input, I guess patience is the key! It took them longer than I expected(12 days) but I finally got the info I needed for the coin.

For those that wonder about ebay, I for one make sure to read the info about a coin very carefully. One of the first coins I bought off of ebay was activated, but uncirculated, and I did have to adopt it! Most of the time a coin will come with the activation code if it has been retrieved. I personally retrieve activation codes on all my coins, even if I don't activate them. It just makes trading and selling on ebay easier.

Although ebay is not my preferred choice for coin purchase, it is good for some of those HTF coins. Also it is a good venue for owners of a personal coin design to sell there coins. I have yet to run across any that have been stolen. I'm sure if someone were to do that, word would get around fast and the seller would soon get black-listed by other members.