How does builder find the unlock code for his/her own cartridge?

TOSY

Hi,

I really enjoyed the idea for Wherigo :P . I'm sure that it must be a new concept for outdoor adventure.

I tried to make and published a few cartridges. But I found some difficulties.

I tried to find unlock code when I built and published the cartridge. I checked "Edit Details" and "Edit Attributes". I also cheked the commands in builder software. But I can't. :unsure:

Could someone tell me how to find the unlock code for my cartridge?

Hi,

I really enjoyed the idea for Wherigo :P . I'm sure that it must be a new concept for outdoor adventure.

I tried to make and published a few cartridges. But I found some difficulties.

I tried to find unlock code when I built and published the cartridge. I checked "Edit Details" and "Edit Attributes". I also cheked the commands in builder software. But I can't. :unsure:

Could someone tell me how to find the unlock code for my cartridge?

The unlockcode is generated when creating the cartridge for download and it is also userspecific. To show the completioncode to the user just put this in a messagebox (including the square brackets):

[[You survived, your completioncode is :]] .. Player.CompletionCode

The unlockcode is generated when creating the cartridge for download and it is also userspecific. To show the completioncode to the user just put this in a messagebox (including the square brackets):

I am getting complile errors with the following data in my "show message to player" dialog box.

Congratulations!

Also, you will need to email me your completion code. Made sure you write it down!

Any ideas?

I am getting complile errors with the following data in my "show message to player" dialog box.

Congratulations!

Also, you will need to email me your completion code. Made sure you write it down!

Any ideas?

The builder is smarter than I thought. It apparently accepts either literal text or a well-formed string expression as the messasge box content. All you need to do is to put ALL your plain text inside the paired square brackets. Paired square brackets are Lua's way of quoting a long string. The ".." is a concatenation operator. Player.CompletionCode is a reference to a property of the Player object. The net result should look something like this:

[[Congratulations!

You survived, your completioncode is :]] .. Player.CompletionCode

Remember that Lua is case-sensitive, so be careful with Player.CompletionCode.

Tom

Edited by twolpert