Wherigo client has no GPS connection

marekl

I installed Wherigo client on my PDA Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox n520. I can load a cartridge, bude when it needs GPS satellites and position, nothing happens. GPS indicator is still red and PDA will stop blinking after a while - terminates GPS satellites searching. But when I try to connect using other GPS application for Windows Mobile, everything works fine.

Also other people from our geocaching community report this problem - always with PDA with built-in GPS receiver.

Does anybody know solution for this issue? Thank you.

I installed Wherigo client on my PDA Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox n520. I can load a cartridge, bude when it needs GPS satellites and position, nothing happens. GPS indicator is still red and PDA will stop blinking after a while - terminates GPS satellites searching. But when I try to connect using other GPS application for Windows Mobile, everything works fine.

Also other people from our geocaching community report this problem - always with PDA with built-in GPS receiver.

I have the same problem on my Mio P350 PDA... Help please

Your devices probably have what is known as the Gps Intermediate Driver. This allows the programs on the device to share the gps. You can find this by looking at Start-->Settings, System Tab, and looking for an icon named GPS. In this, you'll find the gps shared settings. On the Access tab you'll find a checkbox for sharing the gps. It says: Manage Gps Automatically. Try checking this on. If this is not on, then the programs on the pocket pc that use gps will not allow each other to share the gps. The alternative to this, is to make sure no other program is using gps before running Wherigo. The, the Wherigo Player can find the gps because no other program will be using it.

David.

Your devices probably have what is known as the Gps Intermediate Driver. This allows the programs on the device to share the gps. You can find this by looking at Start-->Settings, System Tab, and looking for an icon named GPS. In this, you'll find the gps shared settings. On the Access tab you'll find a checkbox for sharing the gps. It says: Manage Gps Automatically. Try checking this on. If this is not on, then the programs on the pocket pc that use gps will not allow each other to share the gps. The alternative to this, is to make sure no other program is using gps before running Wherigo. The, the Wherigo Player can find the gps because no other program will be using it.

David.

Unfortunately, my Pocket PC is through Verizon who has a nasty habit of disabling these options. I found how to reenable it through this blog from the Windows Mobile Team. If you get under your Settings/System tab and don't see the GPS icon, this *may* be the issue.

David.

Mine works completely different , I had to turn this feature OFF to get it working !

Doesn't work on Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800) with the build in GPS. I have the latest player, tried checking and unchecking the Manage GPS Automatically box. Wherigo starts, then I get a message saying error with device.exe and ask if I want to send that to Microsoft. If I let Wherigo continue, i get the same device.exe error and it eventually asks me if I want to configure the GPS.

The internal GPS works great with every other program but this. I use Garmin Mobile XT all the time. Something still screwy with Wherigo and how it detects internal GPS.

Doesn't work on Sprint Mogul (PPC-6800) with the build in GPS. I have the latest player, tried checking and unchecking the Manage GPS Automatically box. Wherigo starts, then I get a message saying error with device.exe and ask if I want to send that to Microsoft. If I let Wherigo continue, i get the same device.exe error and it eventually asks me if I want to configure the GPS.

The internal GPS works great with every other program but this. I use Garmin Mobile XT all the time. Something still screwy with Wherigo and how it detects internal GPS.

I have the same problem, i can't run the map program on my pocket and Wherigo at the same time. I can use it as a gps map program OR Wherigo, can't run both at same time. Is where I go suspose to work with the map program or just by itself?