U4D bug nearing goal - then what?

Team Grumblecakes

After more than a year and approximately 4,000 miles, the Unite for Diabetes TB ("Glace Bay, Nova Scotia - TB1BP7Z") I launched in December 2006 is very near to reaching it's goal. My question is this: Once it's goal is completed, is the bug retired, or....?

Personally, I would favor sending it to some remote spot on the globe and letting it find it's way home again.

After more than a year and approximately 4,000 miles, the Unite for Diabetes TB ("Glace Bay, Nova Scotia - TB1BP7Z") I launched in December 2006 is very near to reaching it's goal. My question is this: Once it's goal is completed, is the bug retired, or....?

Personally, I would favor sending it to some remote spot on the globe and letting it find it's way home again.

This is refreshing - hearing of one nearing its goal place :)

It keeps on moving doing its job of spreading awareness. Old bugs never retire, they just move to warmer places :huh:

OK, but if the bug's goal is "East Podunk", once it *reaches* East Podunk, I don't think it *will* keep moving.

Won't it just bounce around it's goal like a moth battering itself senseless against a street lamp...?

Not at all, bugs have a knack for traveling. One of the best things about them.

That U4D will keep going, just watch.

Yep, BlueDeuce is right: we brought the "Somerville, Massachusetts" U4DTB to its destination city last April. Since then, it has traveled to New Hampshire, Connecticut, and New York, and is still on the move.

I have two travel bugs that have traveled many thausands of miles Once they had reached there goal I requested that they come back to me. I know have them and they are retired.

Edited by mobdic

This is refreshing - hearing of one nearing its goal place :)

I have two travel bugs that have traveled many thousands of miles. When they reached there goal I requester that they come back to me. I now have them and they are retired. One I have on my keychain.

Edited by mobdic