Extreme Earth cache

I am anticipating submitting an idea for an earth cache in the U.K

The only problem being that the venue for the cache is on a rather inaccessable geological feature that would would be graded 5/5 if it was a trad.

I don't live anywhere near the location and even if I did would not be inclined to maintain it in the traditional way it being so remote and difficult to access. [although I shall be visiting in September]

The U.K reviewers have discussed the matter and conclude that it would make a good earth cache as it would not fit in with the guidelines for a trad cache [not living nearby, neither does anyone else for that matter]

That said it would not be reviewed by U.K reveiwers

I should add that I am a geography graduate and a climber so I am certain that the location would be acceptable for the meeting the 'educational' criteria. albeit that they would have to be pretty good climbers

This is obviously a much higher grading than any other earth cache that I am aware of and wonder what you guys in the big wide world think of the idea?

It really is in a stunning and photogenic location !!

I'll go for it!

Is it going to be the Old Man of Hoy?

I watched the climbing program... I can do that...

Oh go on... make it a trad on the top. :blink:

MrsB :P:P:anicute:;)

Not that Old Man, but this indeed would make a fine trad. I climbed it in 1978 having taken 3 days to drive up from London [picking guys up on the way]

My liver took weeks to recover from the amount of whisky that was drunk, the climb was easy in comparison!

The Trad cache I am after would not be allowed for guidelines that state that I have to be able to maintain the cache which given the fact that I live in Surrey I would not be inclined to do! which is fare enough.

I'll go for it!

Is it going to be the Old Man of Hoy?

I watched the climbing program... I can do that...

Oh go on... make it a trad on the top. :blink:

MrsB :P:P:anicute:;)

Not that Old Man, but this indeed would make a fine trad. I climbed it in 1978 having taken 3 days to drive up from London [picking guys up on the way]

My liver took weeks to recover from the amount of whisky that was drunk, the climb was easy in comparison!

The Trad cache I am after would not be allowed for guidelines that state that I have to be able to maintain the cache which given the fact that I live in Surrey I would not be inclined to do! which is fare enough.