TB Snatching

GeoScooter1

I dropped off a White Jeep TB yesterday in a cache and someone found it shortly after I placed it, but before I could get home and log the drop off. They used the code to grab it from my possession directly into their possession. Couldn't they just have waited until I posted it? What is the procedure? If I hadn't posted it right away, they could have emailed me and said they had it or something.

I used the code to grab it back and place it in the cache where I left it so the mileage could be tracked as accurately as possible. I did email them to let them know what I had done.

I dropped off a White Jeep TB yesterday in a cache and someone found it shortly after I placed it, but before I could get home and log the drop off. They used the code to grab it from my possession directly into their possession. Couldn't they just have waited until I posted it? What is the procedure? If I hadn't posted it right away, they could have emailed me and said they had it or something.

I used the code to grab it back and place it in the cache where I left it so the mileage could be tracked as accurately as possible. I did email them to let them know what I had done.

I have done pretty much the same thing when over anxious cachers have grabbed a bug or coin before I could log it into the cache. It is usually a fairly new cacher who doesn't understand that it may take a little time for someone to log things, especially if they are on a trip of some sort.

I have done pretty much the same thing when over anxious cachers have grabbed a bug or coin before I could log it into the cache. It is usually a fairly new cacher who doesn't understand that it may take a little time for someone to log things, especially if they are on a trip of some sort.

This was a cacher with over 1200 caches found and over 1600 bugs/coins moved. He also grabbed a geojellie3 that I had given to a friend. She had dropped it in her 1st cache that day to start it on its way and he grabbed it from her "possession" before she got back home a few hours later to log she had placed it. I think she grabbed it back from him and placed it in the cache.

I was just surprised that he couldn't wait for the TBs to be logged and would actually grab it from someone's possession without emailing and asking if we had forgotten to log the TBs. Also, I usually notice who has signed the logs before me and I would have thought he would see our logs on the same day as his (he was obviously just a hour or so behind us) and realized we had dropped them that day and would most likely log them in.

I have grabbed travel bugs before the cacher has logged them...I have no way of know how long they have been unlogged (how long do I wait? An hour? a day? a week?). I always grab the tb, log it into the cache I found it, and re-grab it, so the mileage is correct. No harm, no foul.

I would think a person could at least wait a day to see if they would be logged or not. I just thought it was kind of strange and rude to grab it from my possession without any notice. Besides, he didn't log it into the cache, he just took it from my possession to his.

A new and young cacher grabbed one of my TBs before I could log it in. I e-mailed them to state my intentions of grabbing it back then placing it in (if it was local, I wouldn't have cared but this was in 2 states away). Anyways, I did so, then it was in the cache inventory. I e-mailed him again explaining how to log it back out to him . . . Anyways, it "sat" in the cache inventory even though he had it. Finally his mother "placed it" into a cache but funny thing about it is that it was Never seen again. ( frankly, I feel that He still has it :o:anibad: )

I have grabbed travel bugs before the cacher has logged them...I have no way of know how long they have been unlogged (how long do I wait? An hour? a day? a week?). I always grab the tb, log it into the cache I found it, and re-grab it, so the mileage is correct. No harm, no foul.

You can get a rough idea of how long it might have been unlogged by looking at the logs for the cache, TB, and person who had it in their inventory. As someone else pointed out, you could probably find out from the logbook at the time you signed it.

I would say the absolute minimum to wait is 24 hours. After that I would send an email, and wait at least a week.