Question about Travel Bugs and Geo-coins!

mikebunny

B) Here goes - - and I don't wanna be a Grinch or a Scrooge BUT B) - - - -

Why do people almost always SCREW up the bugs and coins??? First off, we have a cache and cachers (maybe newbies) take bugs in and out, in and out, and never log them. AND they do take them and never put it into the system so that shows they have them, then it looks like the bugs and coins are still in our cache when they are NOT! B) I don't know of any way to get them off of the list of what is in the cache since I don't have access to them. It is a bummer to go to a cache looking for a bug (when it was listed that it was in the cache) and it isn't there and was probably taken out a long time ago! Isn't there a better system to get this problem solved?? B) I think it is the pits - -

Oh well, anyone with any ideas - - B)

(Also one of our bugs disappeared and - - sob, sob, probably will never be seen again!)

Merry, Merry and Happy New Year!

Moving from the Geocaching Topics forum to The Travel Bug forum.

The cache owner, the trackable owner and a volunteer cache reviewer all have the ability to boot those missing trackables off the cache pages. Once per year, I try to scrub all the listings in my review territory. I leave a note for each trackable owner, letting them know about the "Mark as Missing" option.

As the owner of the cache, you should be able to select the Travel Bug or Geocoin showing on your cache page, and mark it as missing. This should remove it from the cache inventory.

Well, phooey, I just tried to do that - - remove the missing stuff from the inventory list and it is still there. It is all listed there just like it is really in the cache - - - I am about to give up!

Thanks for your help - - but it didn't work! B)

As the owner of the cache, you should be able to select the Travel Bug or Geocoin showing on your cache page, and mark it as missing. This should remove it from the cache inventory.

Well, phooey, I just tried to do that - - remove the missing stuff from the inventory list and it is still there. It is all listed there just like it is really in the cache - - - I am about to give up!

Thanks for your help - - but it didn't work! :rolleyes:

When you mark it missing and click "Go", the page refreshes, and the top of the page (right under the TB name) will now say "Are you sure you want to mark this trackable item missing?" You have to to click "Yes" to complete the process.

It's not a pop-up or anything very obvious, so it's very easy to miss. I didn't notice it the first time I tried to mark something missing, and got quite frustrated until I finally saw it.

Thanks for your help - - but it didn't work! :sad:

When you mark it missing and click "Go", the page refreshes, and the top of the page (right under the TB name) will now say "Are you sure you want to mark this trackable item missing?" You have to to click "Yes" to complete the process.

It's not a pop-up or anything very obvious, so it's very easy to miss. I didn't notice it the first time I tried to mark something missing, and got quite frustrated until I finally saw it.

:sad: Thanks so much for your reply!! And as usual, I just didn't give myself enough time for the inventory list to be updated! (always in too big a hurry!) Anyway, the inventory list did get updated and I appreciate hearing from you. Thanks again!

Happy Caching in 2008!