GARMIN 60cx memory

space_man

Hi guys about a month ago i had my GPS stolen. Any way i got another micro memory from it with all the maps installed. I had two one was a one gig but later i got my self a two gig memory. I been using the two gig with the one gig just laying there with most of the maps installed when i used to use it. The one gig has all the maps i would use. I used up the second unlock key on the maps for my sister GPS. so i would have to buy more maps. Can i install the one gig which has all the west coast maps on it in the new 60cx. I would rather not spend any more money right now with the holidays and stuff unless i realy need to. Just want to make sure the new 60cx can read the maps that i down loaded into the stolen 60cx. I also called Garmin to let them know that the GPS was stolen and they said if anyone would try and use it on the net it would be shut down and made usless. Atlist that makes me feel better. I wonder if Garmin would give me another unlock code???

Alex

Can i install the one gig which has all the west coast maps on it in the new 60cx. I would rather not spend any more money right now with the holidays and stuff unless i realy need to.

You can install the card into the new GPS, but the mapset is locked to the other GPS' id. I think you will either have to buy another unlock,

frater "locked software is evil" mus,

Is it worth it to buy an extra unlock code or just buy the newer map?? I got no idea of the prices yet?? the other map i had is about 2 year old. One last Q do i need unlock code for the TOPO map too??? It was so long that i down loaded maps. Put them on once and were happy with it.

Alex

[quote name='space_man' date='Dec 21 2007, 03:16 PM' post='3214517I also called Garmin to let them know that the GPS was stolen and they said if anyone would try and use it on the net it would be shut down and made usless.

Alex

If that is the case, Garmin should be able to log the IP address of the computer that was used to connect to the net. That should help to track it down.

Not sure if that theif's Internet Service Provider will allow to our their customers informations but... Garmin could surely contact the ISP of the theif and find out exactly who was using that IP at the time.

Edited by xxgg

Thank you guys as soon as i get the new garmin i would call them to see if i can get the unlock code. They did say that they can shut it down. But who knows realy. I wonder would they even bother to go to all the trouble of finding out who did log the GPS and do something about it??? The magic of the NET is amazing if we stop and think about it.

Alex