Why in the heck

Royalott

The forums are not designed by Groundspeak, it's a pre-written software package. I find the easiest way to unsubscribe is to not subscribe. :D The only one I stay subscribed to is the Announcements forum.

To unsubscribe, go to My Controls at the top of the page. Choose the appropriate option on the resulting page (at the left) to unsubscribe from a forum or topic.

The forums are not designed by Groundspeak, it's a pre-written software package. I find the easiest way to unsubscribe is to not subscribe. :D The only one I stay subscribed to is the Announcements forum.

To unsubscribe, go to My Controls at the top of the page. Choose the appropriate option on the resulting page (at the left) to unsubscribe from a forum or topic.

Thank you!! I have looked everywhere but there :blink:

The Members link is fun to use and one can't live without the Search link.

Help is useful as it sounds, but Calendar seems to be not useful, perhaps that feature of this forum software is not all that relivant to our goals.

The My Controls as mentioned and My Assistant can be handy also.

And of course View New Posts is just great since you can't always tell if something is new or just newly replied to. Well those icons do help, check the bottom of the page.

But watch out for that Forum Options. Actually not, I can't seem to find the thing that can screw up how the forums are presented, as a tree or as a list of topics. Perhaps that has gone away.

Just explore everything here and on geocaching.com also. Much wisdom is offered for all.

The forums are not designed by Groundspeak, it's a pre-written software package. I find the easiest way to unsubscribe is to not subscribe. :blink: The only one I stay subscribed to is the Announcements forum.

Thank you!! I have looked everywhere but there :D

"It was in the last place I looked."

:blink:

I Never knew you could subscribe to anything in here. Exactly what does that mean and what are the benefits?

I don't know why one would subscribe to a forum, but subscribiing to a topic is an easy way to remember a post.

I.E. 3 months from now if you wanted to look at a url to a great site that was inside some post somewhere it could take you forever to re-find that post. But if you subscribe to it just go to My Assistant and it's right there, not 7 or 8 pages back.

You also can keep track of Hot topics and cold ones too. I.E. when something gets replied to you can receive an email with the link to the post if you select that option.

But it's probably not a good idea to subscrive to the Avatar testing topic. LOL.

I Never knew you could subscribe to anything in here. Exactly what does that mean and what are the benefits?

Most of the time I use the "view new posts" function and keep up. But I miss things doing that. By subscibing to a specific topic you can see all new posts on it and miss nothing.

A good example is someone asked a question about a New GPS coming out and you want to keep up to see if that GPS will live up to the hype. Or you asked a question and don't want to miss the answer.