The UK seems to be trying...

mousekakat

That Micke, the girls and I actually have a slight chance of attending! It would be great to be able to meet some other caching and coin folks, was thinking I'd post a link to it here, in case anyone else was interested in letting them know that they would be interested in attending! Thought it might be a lot easier especially for the Europeans here!

I think it would be great to get to meet some of the folks from here, and that looks to be our best opportunity! There is just no way we can afford to get to any of the coin or mega events in the US, at least here we have the budget airlines like RyanAir that can get us there cheap! :rolleyes:

Anyone here remotely interested?

Naomi :unsure:

Not sure how long this thread will last in the coins forums Naomi, some might not see it as coin related (I do).

I did think I read about a mega going over there....but I could be wrong? My thought....maybe you should try to get ahold of some of the other cachers in the area and work on getting a mega going!! I'd contact the person who started the other thread and see if they happen to know of any plans or anyone who'd have interest in helping plan and create such an event!!

How many events have you attended? (I know, I could simply check your stats...too lazy) An event needn't be a mega...you'll enjoy smaller ones as well, and will meet locals!! If you want to, you could even set up an event yourself!! pick a nice park and list the event...they will come!!

Just ideas....carry on!! Oh, and good luck on the mega thing. I am planning on attending 2 this year instead of only the MWGB...that coin fest in PA is only 250 miles from home!!

Not sure how long this thread will last in the coins forums Naomi, some might not see it as coin related (I do).

Yeah, I know what you mean, I hesitated before posting it here since I seem to be on one particular moderator's "watch list" but I figured what the heck! It's a mega event in the planning and there will be others who are coin collectors there, so it ties in!

We'll see how it goes.

I would absolutely LOVE to get to one of the US events, but eesh, just no way, especially with 2 kids and the cost of airfare nowadays!

We are getting to the US in May 2009 for my nephew's graduation, maybe someone can plan something in Texas around then :rolleyes: *major hint to the powers that be* and we can attend!

Naomi :unsure:

Na....you'd be AMAZED at how simple a meet & greet is to set up and host!! You simply choose a location, list the event and show up! Choose a location as an eatery or local coffee shop and no mess no fuss!

Seriously....nothing at all hectic about the M&G...and you could make it a coin party...bring coins to show off and trade!! If you worry about the youngsters, make it a child friendly event which encourages others to bring the youngster as well! More kids to keep themselves busy and more parents who understand the child thing!!

I'd be MORE than happy to help with ideas...if you'd like!! Believe me, if you don't want to host an event, there are usually kids at most events, so attend one and check it out...VERY FUN!!

Na....you'd be AMAZED at how simple a meet & greet is to set up and host!! You simply choose a location, list the event and show up! Choose a location as an eatery or local coffee shop and no mess no fuss!

Seriously....nothing at all hectic about the M&G...and you could make it a coin party...bring coins to show off and trade!! If you worry about the youngsters, make it a child friendly event which encourages others to bring the youngster as well! More kids to keep themselves busy and more parents who understand the child thing!!

I'd be MORE than happy to help with ideas...if you'd like!! Believe me, if you don't want to host an event, there are usually kids at most events, so attend one and check it out...VERY FUN!!