Better GPS unit

jpamusher

I currently use the 60CX and it works much better under tree cover than my older 60CS. I made the mistake of trying to save a little money by not purchasing the 60CSX. The built in electronic compass makes it much more stable when I am walking slowly toward a cache. The pointer on my 60CX bounces around quite a bit when I am walking slowly and can lead me astray.

I use the 76CSx.

I get poor reception in the back bedroom, but the other rooms are pretty good. Oh, and trees don't seem to present much of a problem if I had a good signal before going into them.

Thanks to all for the reccomendations! Saw an add in Backpacker magazine for the Delorme Earthmate GPS PN-20,anybody have experience with that unit?

:lol:

I use the 76CSx.

I get poor reception in the back bedroom, but the other rooms are pretty good. Oh, and trees don't seem to present much of a problem if I had a good signal before going into them.

Thanks to all for the reccomendations! Saw an add in Backpacker magazine for the Delorme Earthmate GPS PN-20,anybody have experience with that unit?

:lol:

From my experience the Geocaching community is about 65 percent Garmin, 30 percent Magellan, 4 percent Lowrance and a there are very few users of other brands. I'm not saying you won't find a Delorme user here but you may have to wait for quite a while.