Customs Issues with Sending Geocoins

kc8hnz

Back in 2006 while I was stationed in Monterey I made up my personal coin and it was a huge hit and sold almost all of them right away. Well, since then I've PCS'ed to South Koreaand I've been thinking of making anouther coin sometime in the future with a Korea/Us military themeto it. My question is does anyone know how customs would work with sending the coins from here back to the states or elsewhere in the world? I know there is a big black market for us goods off post so was wondering if sending out lots of packages in a short amount of timewould be frowned upon. Any info or a website where I can get some would be helpful. Thanks!

PS: There was one person from Austrilla that never got her coin from me and I lost your e-mail address and really feel bad about you never getting your coin. If you are still on the fourms send me an e-mail so I can get it to you!

Back in 2006 while I was stationed in Monterey I made up my personal coin and it was a huge hit and sold almost all of them right away. Well, since then I've PCS'ed to South Koreaand I've been thinking of making anouther coin sometime in the future with a Korea/Us military themeto it. My question is does anyone know how customs would work with sending the coins from here back to the states or elsewhere in the world? I know there is a big black market for us goods off post so was wondering if sending out lots of packages in a short amount of timewould be frowned upon. Any info or a website where I can get some would be helpful. Thanks!

PS: There was one person from Austrilla that never got her coin from me and I lost your e-mail address and really feel bad about you never getting your coin. If you are still on the fourms send me an e-mail so I can get it to you!

I would offer this suggestions. Slightly away from your requested info, but . . .

If you plan to mint a coin while in Korea, I would recommend you formulate a plan with a trusted U.S. relative or friend to receive the mint shipment. It will cost the same whether the mint ships the bulk to Korea or the U.S. That way, since the majority of your orders will most likely go to U.S. customers, they can mail them easily. It saves customs issues, and most likely shipping charges.

You'd just have to make sure they inspect the shipment for errors, etc. I know it's been done in the past.

TMA